Age, does it really matter in relationships?

Let's say that you are a Senior in College. You meet a Freshman and really hit it off. Would you pursue the relationship or just end it because you don't see a future?

Or vice versa--you're the Freshman and you meet a Senior. End it or pursue it?

In this scenario I was the senior and I hit it off with a freshman. At first I was iffy but I really liked him so decided to just live in the now and worry about the future later. But he panicked I guess and decided to end things. He seemed really into the whole thing but guess not. I hadn't even thought about what would happen when I graduated. I just knew I liked him..
Besides, 21 and 18 isn't that far apart. And that's what I was focused on not my being a Senior

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure. The relationship is possible and if you like each other, why not?

When I was a freshman I lusted after a senior or two myself. Senior citizens.

So the age difference you state is a p*ss in the bucket.

What Guys Said 7

• Of course not! If your lifestyles can fit together, then it can work out. And you're right, 3 years difference is nothing. I've seen worse.

• its a matter of maturity.

if you are 5 years or less difference is understandable.

10 years not so much.

20 years and its like someone marrying their parents, is not good. it is different maturities and lifestyles.

age matters.

• There's nothing wrong with that.

Hell my 20 year old sister is engaged to a 40 year old. Age doesn't matter

• There are some differences in maturity level between 18 and 21, but it can work. I know plenty of couples with that kind of age difference, or even more.

• you're right there can be some maturity differences just in those 3 years

• to me it sort of does

• yes so go for it.as long as you guys are above 18,it shouldn't be a problem

• no

What Girls Said 1

• I say age is nothing but a number, if you want the person, go for it. don't let age define who you date.