Short guy and tall girl?

Okay well I've been seeing this guy for the past month or so and him and I have been falling for each other lately but I have 2 problems with him one is that he's shorter than me which is against my own personal rule since I'm 5'7 and he's like 5'5 or something. And the 2nd thing is that he doesn't believe in public affection like at all not even holding my hand or anything and it really urks me. So here's the question should I keep him around despite the height difference and the fact he can't be affectionate at all with me...

Most Helpful Guy

• I really think you should give it a shot especially if you've really been falling for each other. My girlfriend told me that she has a personal rule that she never has dated a guy under 5'10" which I kind of understand but also kind of don't. If you really like the person, that shouldn't matter so much. It's a 2" difference in your case which isn't bad at all. I know girls like the guy to be taller than them. It's the "norm"... but you shouldn't let that get in the way, especially with such a small difference in height. It would be such a shame to throw away something that sounds like it might be special over something rather petty.

As for the public affection, some people are just not as comfortable in public with strangers around and watching. If he shows you a lot of affection when you're alone, that should be alright. Again, personal preference. If he's not being affectionate at all, ever, then that is a real problem. My girlfriend and I aren't really that affectionate in public around other people, but we are very affectionate when we're alone. That's satisfying enough for me.

What Guys Said 1

• "I've been seeing this guy for the past month or so and him and I have been falling for each other lately but I have 2 problems with him one is that he's shorter than me which is against my own personal rule since I'm 5'7 and he's like 5'5 or something."

1. If it's against your personal rule, then why did you agree to go out with him?

2. Why do you have such a rule in the first place?

What Girls Said 1

• well...this makes me sound rude, but I'm 5'11'' and I refuse to go out on even just a date with a guy shorter than me, even if its an inch...so I can't say I would stay with him...

plus! the "urking", its only gonna get worse, the more you wanna hold hands with him the more frustrating it is gonna get for you, so I'm not sure staying would be wise

BUT I think you should keep him around if there is any chance of him being any one important in your life! bottom line is if you like him, keep trying it...why miss out on a great guy because he's a little prude and short? he may be the perfect man