Would you date someone your not attracted to?

I'm not getting any younger and the guy I want obviously doesn't want me. There is another guy that is interested but I'm not. He's a nice guy but I'm just not feeling it. Should I settle and go with the flow and hope that I will develop some feelings.

I don't need anymore answers to this question. Thanks for your responses.
Wow there's some real angry guys on this site!

Most Helpful Girl

• I have dated someone that I truly wanted nothing to do with. I thought he was a great guy, but after our 'relationship' I can see that he's below the lowest. Matter of fact, he doesn't even deserve my words. But moving on, not all guys are like this of course, but assuming you decide to date this man you have little to absolutely no interest in, you may easily regret it. It may result in a loss of friendship. But no matter what, I wouldn't rely on feelings to grow. It's possible that they will develop sometime in the future, but right now they're not there - and that's not your fault. If he's truly interested, he can wait until you come to a final decision. As for the person you say is clearly uninterested, as long as you're sure he's not playing hard to get, let it go if you can. Those who can't see you for the valuable person you are inside do not deserve your heart. I only give you this advice because it led me to the person I am in love with and have been with now for over a year. Hopefully it will do the same for you.

• Thank you for sharing your story and understanding.

• I'm sorry for the horrible remark. I'm also sorry for what happened to you. I was also raped. Once when I was a child by an older cousin and again when I was about 14 or 15 years old by my best friends older brother. I did nothing to provoke them. Those events definitely changed the course of life and the way I see things. When I read your story I knew that this guy did something horrible to

you. I'm happy that you've been able to move on in a positive way.

• It's not your fault, though I do appreciate the sympathy, as I've never told anyone except my boyfriend of almost 2 years. I'm sorry for what happened to you as well. I'm also sorry that I had to call out that person like that on here. I didn't want to bring up what happened, but the remark kind of forced me to. It seems like you've moved on from your traumatizing events in a pretty positive light too, and I'm happy for that. Getting back to the comments, I'm glad you feel I understand your view

What Guys Said 5

• Absolutely not. Get busy with other things and you'll meet someone. Church, volunteering, or even the great free online dating site, okcupid.com, just might do the trick but desperate, which I sense here, is not attractive.

Good luck.

• I don't think I'm being desperate! Has anyone ever pursued you that you weren't attracted to?

Its a simple funking question. Not a lifestyle!

• For the record. If I was so desperate I would've jump on the guy that I said wasn't interested a long time ago!

• My mistake. I apologize. However, it sounds like you can give the guys a run for their money when it comes to being angry. My motive was to help. My choice of words was unfortunate and again, sorry about that.

• If you wanna be happy

For the rest of your life,

Never make a pretty woman your wife,

So from my personal point of view,

Get an ugly girl to marry you.

A pretty woman makes her husband look small

And very often causes his downfall.

As soon as he marries her

Then she starts to do

The things that will break his heart.

But if you make an ugly woman your wife,

You'll be happy for the rest of your life,

An ugly woman cooks her meals on time,

She'll always give you peace of mind.

If you wanna be happy

For the rest of your life,

Never make a pretty woman your wife,

So from my personal point of view,

Get an ugly girl to marry you.

Don't let your friends say

You have no taste,

Go ahead and marry anyway,

Though her face is ugly,

Her eyes don't match,

Take it from me she's a better catch.

If you wanna be happy

For the rest of your life,

Never make a pretty woman your wife,

So from my personal point of view,

Get an ugly girl to marry you.

Say man.

Hey baby.

Saw your wife the other day.

Yeah?

Yeah, she's ugly.

Yeah, she's ugly but she sure can cook.

Yeah?. Okay.

If you wanna be happy

For the rest of your life,

Never make a pretty woman your wife,

So from my personal point of view,

Get an ugly girl to marry you.

link

• thats not being very sincere with this guy. if you start seeing him and he gets even more attached and you realize you don't like him after all then it would just be worse right? Maybe if you just started as friends and he knew that it might work.

• I don't want to lead anyone on. I wouldn't want it done to me. We are friends and we also work together.

• I've had one night stands with people I wasn't attracted to - all in the name of anonymous sex.

But I've found my genuine dates to be all quite pleasant to look at.

• give it a try. you can leave him later if you don't develop feelings. some girls are sexually attracted to guys once they get to know them better. you are pretty immature. nice guys are the kind of guys who are able to protect you/care for you. you have the mindset of a 16 year old girl. women your age shouldn't be attracted to retarded "bad boys". bad boys are inferior to nice guys... always remember that...

• Too true, nice guys don't get anywhere near enough credit. They're the real men.

• are you retarded? isn't it obvious? I am rotflmfao.

• Rotfl- whatever the f*** your user name is - F*** OFF ASSHOLE!

What Girls Said 4

• Go on a few dates at least to try it out. You might find that you guys have chemistry and hit it off so that the sexual attraction comes later. If you still find that you don't have chemistry or sexual attraction after a few dates then just 'fess up about it. Be a mature woman and at least give him a chance then just be honest if it doesn't work out.

• I might, at least once.Then if I found that I'm not attracted to him at all then I won't anymore.I don't want to fake my feeling.

• Sometimes the best man is not apparent first choice. Give him a chance.

• Sometimes the best guys are the guy that nobody wants you should try feel out his personality. If we were left to attraction alone there would never be any reason to get married. It not settling if you having even gave him a chance.