Embarrassed myself?

So a few days ago I asked a guy out and he accepted, and we agreed to go on a date the next day... but that night I was really depressed and ended up injuring myself and it left my face bleeding and scabby... I didn't want to show up like that so I had to put it off until today

So I've been depressed the last few days and its really been effecting me... I woke up today but I was still a bit dozey from depression...

So anyway we met up for a walk to talk and stuff... but I couldn't hide my insecureness well and I could tell by how he was talking that he wasn't very interested in me... also I was dozey so it might have looked like I wasn't interested either but that was just because I couldn't think straight

We stopped at a cafe place (this is the same as I always do when I ask a guy out on a first date... lol) I wasn't hungry so I just got a small drink, and I offered to buy him something but he was like "umm... no thanks" (I could tell it was because he found me weird) so we just sat down

It turned out really embarrassing because I was really shy and depressed and had to try (and failed) to hide it and I spent a large amount of my time thinking to myself what to say, it made me look weird and embarrassed me, when we were sitting I bit my thumb without realising it and he looked at me in a weird way... I think I totally messed up that date, lol, the guy was usually cute and sensitive but I even that wouldn't make him want to date girls who make it obvious she was unconfident

Any advice for someone in my situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Address the reasons why your not confident around guys, but more importantly, find out why your depressed, because depression can be something so easy to sort out if caught early, but is the hardest thing to get out of if left, and once your no longer depressed, you will become more confident in yourself, and if done quickly, you can explain to this guy what went wrong and ask for another chance and make the date worth another date then, good luck,x

What Guys Said 3

• Stop dating until you are in a better frame of mind. Hand out with friends instead, people you can talk to about whatever is botherig you.

• You asked a guy out and he said yes. Yet you were still depressed. What's up?

• It sounds like your depression is a serious issue, especially if you're injuring yourself. You should seek professional help, if you haven't already. The guy was probably turned off because you seemed like a mess. If you still have major unresolved issues in your life, you shouldn't be dating; you should be taking care of yourself. As the old saying goes, you have to love yourself before you can love someone else.

What Girls Said 1

• Why were you depressed? I would have just gone on the date anyway and just explained to him what happened to my face. He would have understood.