Am I boring if I can't keep a conversation going in chat?

I was just talking to a friend of mine in chat and often times ill run out of things to say and I wonder if that bores the other person to tears that they feel awkward. -__-

Am I boring if I can't come up with anything? I worry about that from time to time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Happens to me a lot lol, but usually if its me askung all the qs and attempting to keep the conversation going ill just stop if they want to keep it going then I don't mind lol.

What Girls Said 14

• Maybe that person is boring and you don't enjoy talking to him/her? like you don't have too much in common?

• no. a conversation is a two way street. it's not just you, but the other person as well

• It happens to all of us from time to time. It doesn't make you boring.

• Focusing on it only makes it worse. You know like that thing you do where you're like "Damn now it's awkward I have nothing to say". That makes it well, awkward. Instead, try asking questions, talking about your day and using the person's answers to go on another related subject.

Personally, there are some people I litterally don't shut up with from day 1, and others I just have nothing to say to them bcause I feel like they're not interested in getting to know me. Feels like I'm annoying them. It's all about that vibe you give off.

• Nope, doesn't mean you're boring.

• Not really.Sometimes when we are talking with people for a long period we would have nothing to say anymore at the end.It doesn't mean that person is boring.

• No you'r not boring...It happens a lot to me as well. In real life too..haha.. I would say it's because of not enough similarities..or I just lack social skills.. XD

• I hope not because I'm exactly the same. D:

• No, I do the same thing. If conversation isn't flowing, I stop talking. I'm terrible with small talk.

The people I talk to a lot I don't run out of things to say or at least can keep convo going. I guess it's about how much you have in common and personality compatibility.

• Maybe I don't have much in common with many people then, it seems to happen with every chat. (even yours :-P)

• Hahhaaha maybe. I honestly only talk to very few people without fault.

• Nah, I know what you mean because I do it too ^^;;

• I think you're interesting and need to worry less <3

• *waves*

Not really-heck,sometimes I have the same problem.

• yea at times it can seem like that..especially if your the one who initiated that conversation.

• It takes two people to keep a conversation going. We that conversation dies down, it is not your sole responsibility to revive it. If they are not putting in the effort then why should you? You are not boring, just prehaps exhausted all topics or have a faulty person for a conversationalist.

What Guys Said 12

• You're not boring.

Conversations either flourish or die on the basis of a certain intangible, ineffable and unpredictable characteristic called chemistry. It's why you can have a fantastic conversation with one woman, and an awkward stilted one with a different one, all in the same evening. Many are borderline, which can make things doubly confusing.

Also, 'tis the internet sir. Do you really attach so much importance to it?

I don't bother initiating conversation on here. I'd expect the other person not to be up for a chat. Some people seem to give me monosyllabic responses or don't seem interested ie by asking questions, may as well not bother with them eh!

• Not at all, man! It's completely natural to run out of things to say, and even more so to feel awkward when you do! If I was the one doing the talking at the moment, I ask the person I'm talking to if they had anything on their mind at the moment. You'd be surprised what the other person was thinking while you were conversating! BOOM! BAM! No more awkwardness...

• It's why I don't go on chat anymore

Find someone who has common interests and then you could probably talk for longer

In real life, friends are those and so it's easier to talk to them

• Well conversation involves two parties, so it doesn't mean you or the other person is boring more like you are just not very compatible. Some people you can talk to for hours on end and others you will run into awkward silence no matter how many jokes, and anecdotes you try to memorize to save the conversation.

• happends all the time

• You will find anyone, I am sure, so have a little bit patient. It`s coming. We all find someone who is fiting to us, to every lid there is the right pot.

• it makes you bornig if you are a guy, not so much if you are a girl

• I've always found chatting online to be more awkward than conversing in real life.

• Probably means you do not have much in common with them. You could probably talk about video games and history all day, if you found someone that would talk about it with you.

• Noooo don't say that? :'-(

• There are some people on here that like history. I've seen some girls pulling out ancient references and what not. Just talk to people that are into what you are into.

• From what I can tell Sally is interested in genetic algorithms/evolutionary computing. Read up on it, you might find it interesting too. =P

• Nah...there can only be so much to talk about that you think they would be able to relate to you with.

• I have the same problem, but half the time I don't have anyone that wants to chat anyway. They're either working offline, busy, don't want to chat, or I don't want to chat.

• No as said it's a two way street. Sometimes a girl will say hi to me then nothing. lol I'm just like :| "You messaged me so WTF."