I'd like my boyfriend to call or text ME first, how do I get him to do that?

My boyfriend and I have been dating 11 months. He was away all summer at BCT so he obviously couldn't talk. However, now that he's home, he still doesn't call or text first. He told me he doesn't really call or text anyone but I feel that he should make more of an effort, at least to me, because I'm his girlfriend. I've already brought this up to him in September when we both came back to school and the first few days after that he'd text me... but now he doesn't. And if I leave a message, he doesn't respond. What do I do? It's not worth breaking up over so that's really not an option..

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do women constantly feel they need to change somebody? I am the same way and no matter how much you tell me am not going to start txting/calling you, I have cousins that are like brothers/sisters who I don't communicate with for up to a year sometimes it doesn't mean I don't love them or like being around them.

• I don't want to be annoying though. Like I feel like he doesn't feel he needs to call because he knows I will. I'm not trying to CHANGE him per say, I'm just trying to find a way to get him to understand that it hurts especially when he doesn't return a call.

• trying to change how he acts is trying to change him even though it's something small. Don't expect him to start calling you because it's not going to happen, he might do it for a little while to make you happy, but he'll quickly return back to his old ways. It's something that you need to accept and move on from, no one is perfect.

What Guys Said 1

• still playing gaymes I see. grow up will ya :)

What Girls Said 1

• Stop texting him (see how quickly he will send you a message.)