One piece of dating advice do you have for the under 18 members? Older GirlsAskGuysmembers?

Mine would be don't waste your time dating while your in high school. Very few of these relationships last and the amount of effort you put into them would be better put into studying.

Gah, I meant *Dating advice.

No idea where that D went too :S

Most Helpful Guy

• well I'm 7 years old but I wouldn't mind helping.

Well for those who are in HS, you can date and a relationship is possible, but it gets very difficult when it comes to going to different schools. IF you can balance out school work and relationship time then you got a great thing. Even in my last year of HS , I always make sure I don't fail and classes but I rarely put in and effort, I focused mainly on my relationship and friends. Of course that wasn't the correct thing to do but I did it. So I would tell them to always put responsibilities first before a relationship, a true lover will understand.

What Guys Said 11

• I'd say somethng quite similar: don't look to pair off until you're old enough to understand what people want. Until then, go out with groups of friends and be friendly with everyone that seems worthwhile. STay in touch with people yu like even if they are far away.

• Basically the opposite of yours.

I would have put much more effort into dating and meeting girls, and moving on when I wasn't happy.

I was held back too much by fear and shyness.

• High School relationships very rarely ever work out. That doesn't mean you don't go out and enjoy yourself though. Just be sure to keep your priorities in order.

1. School.

2. Friends.

3. GF/BF.

If you can find a part time job at 16 or so, go for it. Even if it's McDonald's don't think you're above that... get the experience and you won't regret it later.

You can enjoy everything if you keep your priorities in check.

• Good point about your priorities. Friends over GF/BF I have a mate who based which college to go to based on proximity to his girlfriend college and she just ended up cheating on him during christian summer camp.

• Exactly, romance is never guaranteed.

• My advice is don't think whoever you are with is the end and all only perfect amazing soul mate of your life. There is a lot of fish in the sea and it is easy to think what you have is true love but you have to really experience a bit more before you decide.

• get some of the users' numbers and ask them personally.

people also tend to give better, more thought out advice when you ask them directly, as apposed to a Q asked towards anyone willing to answer it.

• I'm interested in what words of wisdom other people have come by through experience. You know the idea 'If only I had someone telling me about that when I was younger, I would have been better off.'

I'm curious about the types of answers people who produce.

• Lol good advice :D

• thank you.

• Just live in the moment, make everything count, and don't worry about relationships, just worry about making good friends.

• Just live and learn

• Get a part time job while you at high school, so you have some idea what the real world is like when you leave.

• Don't get too emotionally attached. You think it's forever...well, it's not. Sorry :(

• I wish I had listened.

• I would say the simplest piece of advice I could give the under 18s is that your bodies are not as disgusting as you think, so don't let the fear of what someone might think about ... your toes or something, stop you from asking people out.

What Girls Said 9

• Very few young relationships last but that doesn't mean they are to be discouraged. Of course studying should always remain priority but when you are in high school there is also so much you can learn from being in a relationship (that can help you gain experience and grow as a person.)

• My advice would be though would be Do not be a victim to peer pressure, and always be yourself.

• Fair point, but it seems these days kids have so much pressure put on them by the media and their peers to be dating. I've met so many kids that jump from relationship to relationship and to be honest, end up as complete wrecks.

• True on both sides, the train can go either direction. The time when we are young and most vulnerable, is the time where we can absorb information and learn from our mistakes.

• If you decide to date then keep it causal and simple. Don't worry about having a serious boyfriend/girlfriend because twelve of your friends have one too. High School should be about finding yourself as an individual and enjoying being young. It's an awkward time and there can be a lot of pressures, especially where sex is involved. You may not be emotionally mature or ready for sex and the responsibilities that come with it. It doesn't make you a loser or undesirable, it makes you a better person for waiting to engage in it when you're ready.

• Nothing is EVER as big of a deal as you think it is. Don't get too caught up in things you can't change.

• don;t feel pressured to do anything your not ready to do (ex: just because your in a relationship, doesn't mean you have to do everything that comes with it or don;t feel like you have to do something you kno your not okay with doing in order for someone to date you)

• Stop freaking out about the little things and just go for what you want.

• oh, also... You're in control! That's like, the motto of my life right now, and it's great.

• 1. Don't get serious with anyone in high school, you really do have a whole life time ahead of you.

2. Don't rush ANYTHING! ANYTHING! Savor the time that you have with each person you date. And date many people. It is your way of knowing what you like & dislike in your future mate. So slow down, take your time.

3. Save yourself for people you love. Don't do anything you are not sure of .

4 Be true to your heart.

• I'm under 18 and have 2 1/2 months left of high school.

I'm curious as to what the older users have to say.

• Thank you. I hope you find this question interesting and helpful :)

• lmao

Not many people would agree. I'm too rude, too immature, too bitchy yadda yadda. However, we're all individuals and that's what sets us all apart. Definitely don't be like me, be whoever you are :P

• no... be like Eva...

no jk lol

that's what I mean tho, be more honest, like you are.

too many fake people out there.

• Don't be scared to take chances, and don't have unrealistic expectations.

• I would say don't lose your virginity in high school since it is true, it will all go out the window. Even if you wait until college you have PLENTY of time.

But even more, DON'T HAVE A BABY. If you are going to have sex at least keep it safe.

Don't try too hard attempting to look and seem older. High school is high school. You have plenty of time for everything.

Don't drink and do drugs.