Guys who don't pay for girls on dates?

For reasons beyond me, guys today have no idea the proper way to treat a girl and are reluctant to pay for us on dates. This is selfish and manipulative. I have a friend who was used in that way. If a guy doesn't pay for us we'll just go find another guy, simple as.

So guys:

If you ask a girl out, YOU PAY!

If a girl asks you out, YOU PAY!

If its the first date, YOU PAY!

If its the 12th date, YOU PAY!

If its the last date, YOU PAY!

If you're just friends, it would depend on the girl but most of the time you should pay for that as well.

This is call just common sense. Don't use this as an excuse to cheap out either. If you're a guy and you don't have money, you shouldn't be dating.

Most Helpful Guy

• Then damn, glad I don't ask any girl unless they are already my girlfriend, but some girl I just saw or interested in? Hell no, Split it! Its not happening, Why don't you pay? If you don't want to pay, fine, I have a motto.

" IF she isn't with it, if she doesn't accept me or want to give it a shot, no problem, Adios"

If its my girlfriend, do believe she will be treated like a queen but not some random girl, not even if she was offering to let me into her pants if I let her into my wallet. I got principles and my pride, and that's two things that I will take to the grave with me =)

What Guys Said 11

• i think that guys should pay only when the girl is worth more than the value of the date.

Not to a spoiled whiney brat that demands everything to given to her.

• Oh yeah? What the f*ck makes you think a guy should automatically pay for you? Because you're too cheap to work a job and save your own money?

I won't pay for a girl if I don't feel like it.

• And grow up, kid. You aren't special. None of your gender are. Pay your fair share for a date unless the guy insists. Same with guys. Pay your fair share unless she insists. Unless you're some how making up for him paying and don't say something like "well I let him go out with me" cause f*** you, you're not that special.

If you're gonna stay like this, you'll never be wanted for long or you'll be cheated on and deserve it because you have this stupid mindset that women deserve special treatment. No, you don't. You want equality? Start paying your fair share. Start your fair share of initiating relationships. Otherwise you women can get the f*** back into the kitchen and no longer vote.

• Note: gonna make sure it's added, no I don't think women should get back into the kitchen or lose the right to vote, but I think girls like you are doing your gender a terrible service and making them look bad. Just as there are plenty of types of guys that make my gender look bad -_-

• You're clearly a troll, and if not then simply a stupid person. Stfu and quit posting sh*t.

• before I was engaged, my girlfriend wouldn't let me pay for anything for her. She wanted me to see her as an established individual who wasn't needy.

I don't think a guy should always have to pay. That's old school, it's 2011, don't be so tight.

• I say dump him like there's no tomorrow. A good boyfriend should pay for everything! I've been with my girl for 10 months now and I still buy her meal when we go on dates and excursions. I also buy her things often like stuffed animals, or a chocolate bar or something. She has demanded that she pay a couple times, so I let her because honestly I have no money in the world and I enjoy that she offers.

A guy who doesn't pay has no respect and doesn't know how to treat a girl.

HOWEVER. I noticed that you said "I do not give things in return, that is not my job." That's pretty selfish, and if my girl never offered I wouldn't dump her but I'd think she was a bitch. Unless you have never had a good enough boy worthy of giving something to, which makes your statement somewhat better. I mean it's not your job, but a good girlfriend would offer sometimes

Hope this helps.

• If the girl asks us out, they pay. you're an idiot, we aren't your cash cows either. guys don't want to pay because of girls like you who expect it.

• Reported for spamming and trolling.

• Paying for dates is fine, as well as buying her the occasional gift. But if she expects more than that, I'm losing her number and moving on. If I'm going to be in a relationship, it should be with a woman who is independent and self-reliant.

• Usually I'd disagree with the paying part, but I guess it could be normal and perfectly acceptable for you since you're 41.

• No. Just no. You're selfish.

• your under eighteen quite sucking on dudes d***s and go suck on your milk bottle

What Girls Said 12

• 0|1
  • I think your common sense might be flawed. You should look into that.

• I know from experience that the way to a guy's heart (not a pathway for him to your pants) is treating him with respect and not being a spoiled brat! I've had almost perfect relationships before!

You give decent girls a bad name! This is 2011, I don't know why guys don't stand up for themselves more

• Guys don't always have to pay. If they ask you out then I think they should pay and if you ask him out then YOU should pay. If your in a relationship then you should take turns.

• OH GOSH. Its you again! If you wanna troll, post different things. This has been posted how many times 'ButterFlowah'?

• link

I believe in going dutch. Just because you have a vagina does not mean you are entitled to anything.

• I've seen that too ^^ good thing is that's getting through to a lot of people

• Brownie Points Awarded.

Please allow up to 24 hours for the transaction to process.

• 2|1
  • I'd say it would be polite to take turns...

• I think that is taking advantage. Especially, in this economy.

• Girls should always offer to pay for themselves, and be prepared to actually pay! Women need to be independent, men and their company should just be a perk to your own independent life. Expecting a man to pay for everything for you is just selfish.

• Wow, offer? You act as if its something special, it isn't. Equal rights means equal responsibilities. It is not an offer. Unless its the first date and he asked you out.

• Yeah, there is a terrible double standard when it comes to social expectations of each gender. I agree.

• I have a good mother who never brainwashed me. When I hear about guys insisting on paying, and even having to fight about it, it makes me feel they have been seriously brainwashed. I'm generally not a fan of unwritten rules at all.

• way to sh*t all over the feminist movement. you can go make us sandwiches, now.

• I don't say that a guy HAS to pay for me but it's a nice gesture. I always do the wallet reach but they insist on paying, so I let them. I do believe that no one should be dating if they're both too broke to do anything. Part of dating is going out and doing things to bond. And you can't do that many activities without any money unless you're uber creative.

• "And you can't do that many activities without any money unless you're uber creative."

Well you could go for a walk or something ^^ that's fine and you could talk about stuff and bond

Also I do have a guy friend who could be described as "uber creative" lol but he's just a friend ^^

• Also, I was merely giving free date ideas, I have a right to do that, have I not?

• Yeah, your ideas were pretty good. I didn't actually read your comment because I thought you were slamming me for not insisting on paying for me and/or my date. Sorry. :>