Does he really want to get me pregnant right now?

My boyfriend of 6 months brought up the other day that he wanted to have a baby. We've talk about maybe moving in together but this I something totally different. Before I start naming his apparent reasons I want to say that I really couldn't tell if he was joking or not; that scares me a bit because I don't really want a baby right now. So one reason he said was because he's already 23 and he didn't want to be an old dad, and I replied yea but I'm only 18. Another reason (this I know he's joking) he said he could get that job promotion since my dad works high up in the company my boyfriend works for. lol He also sometimes says things like 'we would make a cute baby' and that if it came down to me getting pregnant he would take care of me and be a good dad. He'll also jokes sometimes about coming in me so I can get pregnant. I love my boyfriend but at the same time that freaks me out, I don't want a baby right now, I'm in college, although he has a well paying job, I want a job and career of my own. I don't want to have to rely on a guy. And plus, although I have no intention of this relationship ending, we've only been together for a short period of time. I thought it was normally the girl that wants a baby first. But anyways I guess my basic questions are:

p.s. feel free to ask questions

What Guys Said 1

• If you are not sure if he was joking or not and that scares you, then you think it might be a good idea to talk with him about it? And tell him how you feel, this is not about just him its about you too!

• Thanx I'll try that, but also from a guys prospective, what would you say he means?

• I don't think it matters what he's thinking, the fact is that he doesn't have the job to support you and a kid. At least that's my perspective

What Girls Said 1

• i bet he just looks at you as someone he considers having a seriouuus relationship with, as in possibly marrying. this might be his way to let you know, and maybe test the waters to see how you react. if you could envision being more serious with him, then let him know back... but your so young... I mean... holy crap,... your only 2 years older then me... I don't imagine settling down till at the earliest 25... you may grow and change don't do anything you'll regret later...