Blind date. Any tips/advice?

This guy found me on Facebook through mutual friends and asked me out. We are physically attracted to each other, but we've never met and never spoken. I'm nervous! How should I act? Should I ask him lots of questions and keep the focus off me? What should I wear? Are there any turn-offs that I should be aware of? ALSO: I recently quit my job because I couldn't stand my boss...and now I'm working temporarily for my mom's business until I find a better job. Should I tell him this, or will he be turned off by this? My goal is just act completely confident about everything. He's 35 by the way, and I'm 28.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, just randomly messaged you through mutuals on Facebook? That's pretty ballsy, had no idea such a thing would ever work.

And no, certainly don't keep the focus off you, you want him to be interested in you afterall don't you.

Lots of people have sh*tty job situations these days. Also, sad to say it, but due to the sexism which still exists it is seen as less of a big deal for the woman in a relationship to not have such a great job than a man- especially given your ages would seem to be approaching the start breeding stage.

What Guys Said 2

• When going on a blind date, a cane takes up less space than a dog but with a dog you'll probably get more respect.

• Don't hesitate, just tell him. It might spark things up..

What Girls Said 1

• Act naturally and dress naturally.

Try to wear something casual that makes you feel comfortable and pretty, not too provocative neither too prude, just what makes you feel you look good.

You don't need to fire ten questions a minute! But you shouldn't waste this opportunity the first date gives you. You can ask him about he's job and if he asks you in return just say you are between jobs and helping at your mom's business while you find something better, if he asks what happened before just say you were not comfortable there anymore and had to quit, no need to say anything derogatory about the place or the boss, you don't know if he knows either and his opinion on them, better safe than sorry ;)