If the guy you like is trying to quit drugs?

would you help him or just let him do it himself? and fyi I'm not in a relationship with him but we're close buddies. we've hooked up once. he cares about me and I don't know what to do. I still care about him though

Most Helpful Girl

• I would help in any way I could. Shortly after getting with my ex, he DID quit all the drugs, went to rehab and got clean. I quit everything too when he did, to make things easier on him when he got out. =] We're not together anymore, but he's still clean and I'm glad.

What Guys Said 1

• (?°?°)?? ???�

• that didn't come out right...

(/ 0o0)/ _l__l_ <-- man angrily flipping a table.

sorry, had to do it.

What Girls Said 3

• All you can really do is be supportive by listening to him, and encouraging him to stay clean.

• Ask him if there's any way you can help. And if he says yes, then go from there... otherwise, if he doesn't seem to want help, then don't try to force your help on him. Unless you have a sure-fire way of helping him, if he doesn't want help then it will probably be best to let him figure things out for himself. Can't hurt to be there for him / keep an eye on him from a distance though. Show him that you care, that's what's important.

• I would just let him know that if there's anything I can do to help, I'd definitely be willing to. I wouldn't pressure him to let me get involved though, it is HIS journey to make.