For those who ask guys or girls out or don't ask, have you been in a relationship because of it?

I haven't ask a girl out and I've never done anything at all with a girl. I know that it's probably mostly my fault, but I still don't have the guts to fix it.

Do you think it's your fault you're single if you haven't asked anyone?

For those of you that haven't asked and gotten a relationship, did you do anything special to get asked out?

• I've asked someone out and been in a relationship because of it.
  • I've asked someone out and haven't been in a relationship.
  • I've never asked anyone out but still been in a relationship.
  • I've never asked anyone out and haven't been in a relationship.
The girls aren't as one sided as you'd expect. Barely any guys voted.
I should have said in person for this. Oh well. Does that change any answers?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been in four relationships - got asked for the first two, did the asking for the second two. The second two are really shy guys who probably would have never gotten the nerve to ask me haha, but they were still open enough with their feelings for me that I knew they liked me and was confident enough to ask them out myself.

What Girls Said 9

• I've been in one because a guy asked me - but on the other hand, I'm single now because I refuse to ask guys out or allow it to reach a point where a guy asks me out.

It's by choice though - I just don't want a relationship now.

I am a firm believer however, that if you want something you go get it. If I ever encounter a guy I'm really into and want to pursue, I'm going to go get him lol - as long as the feelings mutual of course.

• Why the hell not? Social standards of male courting go out the window when it comes to taking a chance worth taking. If I hadn't gotten the courage to message this one guy, I would have never found out how amazing of a person he is and how well we clicked since the first conversation. That kind of excitement is worth more than any endless amount of embarrassing let-downs.

• Oh dang I should have said in person. Even I can do online and I have no confidence what so ever.

• I picked A

I have asked him out...just kinda like, hey wanna go bowling? LOL

And he rejected me haha...however, it was through a friend..I didn't really do

it...Does that count? Anyway, eventually he came to me and asked me out..

well, wait, he got my number from my friend, then he asked me out. haha

Still together too.. :P

• I have never asked a man out, nor have I been asked-out directly.

I admit to being reserved and often times aloof or standoffish.

To be perfectly honest, I am not yet looking for a relationship. I would much rather have a small group of friends that I could trust, and perhaps later have something kindled because of it.

• I've never asked anyone out; nonetheless, I've been in four relationships.

I didn't necessarily do anything "special" to get the guys to ask me out, but I did make it obvious that I wanted them to. I'm a really straightforward person, so I make sure that if I like someone, I let them know. When we both know that we like each other, we feel completely comfortable about talking about being in a relationship, and sooner or later the dude asks me out (by then, he's confident that I'll say yes because we've talked about the situation so much).

For one thing, I never push a guy to ask me out. I give him time to ask me "at the right moment," and it works out pretty well in the end.

Society does implement the image that guys have to be the one to ask a girl out, but that's not true at all. I don't ask guys out only because I'm deathly afraid of rejection and I also don't know how to do it right LOL. I know plenty of girls who have asked guys out before. That does not mean, however, that it will work all of the time if a girl asks a guy out. Girls get rejected just as guys do, so don't think that all because the girl is the one to make the move doesn't mean that it's the right move.

• i proabably could have found better guys if I asked some of them out ... I regret it I should have. I got some crappy boyfriends that had asked me out ...

• How else do you get into a relationship if you don't ask? Too bad you left gag

• I've never been in a relationship and I've never asked someone out.

• Yes, I have. It works good

What Guys Said 5

• My first girlfriend she approached me really. Basically when I was young I always depended on crossing my figers that the girl liked me enough to show it first before I would do anything. 16-20 I discovered alcohol so I started getting drunk then chatting up girls at the club and mostly got low success a couple make out sessions that is it. Then 20 to preset I read the game, and some other pick up artist book, talked my flat mate into being my wing man, and started asking for numbers and dates mercilessly. I have gotten like 10-20 girls this year alone. Also had my first girlfriend who I actually asked out.

• My ex made the first move.

But in my life, I don't know why, but girls seem to always be the ones to make the first move on me.

• Ive asked before and got into a relationship because of it. Only happened once though and have been rejected far more since :(

• D. I voted.

Ive never asked anyone out, but I've wanted to really bad, just couldn't bring myself to do it; and never been in a relationship.

• I'm always the one who asks girls out