Do some texts just not need responses?

I know there are the ending of conversation texts such as "bye," or even "lol," but what about those texts received in the middle of the day that don't start a conversation, just make your day better? Ex. Yesterday, the guy I've been (kind of) seeing texted me with "well I know you don't text during clad, but I just wanted to say I was thinking of you." It was so simple, but incredibly sweet and it made my day. Should you respond to those texts, or do you prefer just to look at them and smile, and show your approval by sending a similar text at some point? I'm not sure if my question actually makes sense, but if you get it, any input is welcomed :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally don't think you ALWAYS should respond to it.

I think when you recieve such a text, you don't respond. Later in that day, you can send a text pritty similar, that would dot it ;-)

So you both make each others' day.

You were caught by suprise, you didn't text him... he might be bumed-off, so you suddenly text him everybody happy!

What Guys Said 4

• i would respond as, if he is like me, he's probably wondering how you took it, or if you've even seen it! Just send a simple text back, for example a smiley or something like that as others have suggested, because that will make HIS day. He would want to know that you appreciated it

• Usually for those kind of texts, I would either respond with something similar or just a smiley face :).

Sometimes I won't respond, because it doesn't NEED to be responded to.

• When you get one from him, send a smiley face back. :)

• It would make his day back if you respond to it. Just say something equally as simple, can even be the same thing as he said lol, there's no way anyone could get annoyed if you responded to a text like that. Umm I guess it wouldn't matter when you did it, as long as it is in the same day haha. :)

What Girls Said 1

• yea it happens, sometimes I just don't know what to reply or am not in the mood to socialize you know...