How much is too much texting in a relationship?

Ive been told I text my girlfriend of two years to much but I wanted to know how much texting is too much? I usually text about 150-200 texts per day.

i only see her about twice a week and she has never mentioned it just people think I do but we both think that the texting keeps us closer

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you should give a hoot about what anyone says about how you should treat YOUR girlfriend, especially when you're being affectionate towards her. That's not to say flood her phone if she doesn't reply for an hour because she's busy with something, but if you're both comfortable talking and you have been dating for so long, it shouldn't be something you should doubt.

My past boyfriend would NEVER text or talk on the phone, so I would be worried the whole week whether we still have plans together only to hear from him an hour before hanging out. It's stressful, irritating and unfair to blatantly not talk to someone until you need information from them. However, I met someone recently who texts me during the day and calls at night to talk and I swear, if we had the time, we could talk for days on end with little worry about coming up with topics of conversation. Having that kind of connection with someone is awesome because you can be open with each other and not be afraid to talk about any issues that might come up in your relationship or personal lives.

What Girls Said 14

• WOWZERS Batman! That is a lot and a bit overwhelming. I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we text in the morning...you know the basic"goodmorning" then on our lunch brks and then in the evening to let me know he's coming home soon. So all in all about 5-10 messages a day...if that Sometimes just 3 or 4...But we do see each other everynight so maybe that's why I tend to text him less because I know I'm going to see him.

It all depends on you relationship and overall is if your girlfriend hasn't said anything to you then you shouldn't care. But if she has brought it up then maybe cut it back to about half of that.

• I hate when people judge others' relationships...Only those 2 individual know how much effort or love goes into that relationship. No one will deal with your heartbreak if it doesn't work out because you listened to their unsolicited advice. If it works you both then screw the world! xxoo

• You text that to her?! That is WAY too much. I mean, in my opinion.

Idk...it depends...I guess. I mean, if you don't see her that much, I guess that

could be a reason to text..but, I would rather talk on the phone than text.

That is just me. I text my boyfriend like 3-4x a day..and we don't even see each other

everyday.

• Everyone is different...I barely text unless I have something highly important to say. My ex was

aIways texting me but I wouldn't answer all the time. If I'm in the middle of a chem lecture, at the gym or at work...I am not responding. He used to get mad but they were stupid texts like" what are you doing now?" you know?

Don't let anyone define your relationship. If your both happy texting 200 X's a day then so be it =)

• Oh My God. That is way way way way too much for the average human being lol. But then again, if you and your girlfriend are both okay with it then to hell with everyone else, its your relationship not theirs and that's what should matter.

• I wouldn't really put a limit on it as long as its not disrupting you or her...Was it her that said you text to much, or someone else? It should really only matter if it was her that said that

• look at it this way, if you're sending 150 texts to her and getting back anywhere from 100-150, that's good... however, if you're getting back anything less than 75, not so good

• As long as she doesn't have a problem with it then who cares what people think

• If she have no Problem with that , Then It's fine .. If I were her I'd be Happy for that :D

• 200 test A DAY?! O_O I text that many for like a month!

• Lol Is she OK with it?

If yes then it is OK since she accept that.

• Since you both are happy with that Then it is fine,people are so negative,they don't matter,Make it 500 times a day if you both want to.

• 150-200? :O

thats a lot...and it would annoy me

• woah there. way too much

• blimin heck your bill must be really high!

i text my boyfriend a reasonable amount of times in a day lol

• 150-200 texts/day O_O

There's no such thing as "too much texts". As long as the two of you are happy with it, then it's great. What works for you doesn't necessarily work for somebody else and vice versa :)

What Guys Said 4

• I've sent 9 texts in three years. In total.

• 150-200?!?! CRINGE

20 tops, you need to space them out, 'bullet texting' is nasty

• WHOA there lassie :O

I think you know you have a problem :)

Do you not find that you guys have nothing to talk about while you's are together?

• thats crazy. if she don't care then I guess it alright