Girls- have you ever been too nervous to solo date?

I had a girl I think liked me agree to coffee, but went quiet when I texted her about brunch.. Then later when I asked about maybe getting dinner that night insisted we go as a group. Note that she and her Sister are very close so maybe she wanted her there for support?

Most Helpful Girl

• omg yes, my friends are like this, They'll ask me to third wheel and I hate that so I bring another friend, then its a group, but what happened to their date? it is really awkward when she is paying more attention to us and not the guy, then he seems like a third wheel to his own date, lol. If I am interested in a guy I want to get to know him and I don't want my friends distracting me. she is either really shy or not that interested(afraid things may get boring so she wants her friends there)

What Girls Said 4

• Umm... to me that's a little weird lol... What's so scary about a solo date? In fact that's more romantic than a group date... lol I don't know I think it's kinda strange because usually if you like somebody you want alone time to flirt, be romantic and express your feleings or get to know one another

but I guess everyone is different, maybe she's young and immature? lol or she is just a socialite? don't know but than again I've never been quiet maybe she's really shy

• but you should ask her if she's interested before you dive into anything

• She's super quiet and always has female bodyguards with her. I think I know the answer, I'm really just looking for second opinions.

• Lol yeah when I was a freshman in high school this guy who liked me and still does well at least until just recently asked me on a date and I was too nervous to go alone so I brought a girl friend at the time. That was 3 years ago and now I look back and think it's funny because I feel fine with him since I've known him for so long.

• First dates and the like are definitely never solo'd for me. She probably wanted her sis there for support, yup. =)

• so how does it work.. you go to dinner with him and you bring your friend? Isn't that super awkward? How does the kiss goodnight work?

• Yess I get nervous and often ask my best friend to go with me

• So how does it work with three people? Goodnight kiss?

• Three people- I'm not sure. Four would work. No goodnight kiss on first date though.

What Guys Said 1

• This is a interesting question...

I've had times where the girl asked friends to go with her, and because of that I assumed she wasn't interested in me. It gives the impression you'd rather be hanging out with people then actually going out with me.