Online dating site, successful or not?

have you tried online dating site? what do you think of it? does it work with you or not? will you believe people through their bios? or not?

• yes
  • no
  • maybe

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you tried online dating site? Yes

What do you think of it?

It sucks for guys, many girls never reply to detailed messages to them from guys not even a no thank you which causes guys to resort to copy and paste emails. Dating websites have about 100 guys for every 1 girl so girls get flooded with messages and stop responding. Casual sex dating sites have a lot more girls replying then on a normal site like POF or OKCUPID.

Does it work with you or not?

It did not work for me, I wasn't a tall, rich, good looking, guys with a million dollar house/car/job. I was just a student living on a very small and strict budget that I had planned out from the loans that I took in order to study for my Diplomas and Degree so no it did not work out for me. I was on multiple sites for years then this year I gave up and emptied them out and closed most of them. I wasn't interested in casual sex so that was also major points against me on quite a few sites.

Will you believe people through their bios?

You have to give them a chance to be honest or it will never lead anywhere. and if in doubt question them about the things in their profile.

• THIS^ 100% on BA!

• LOl... were the same... I tried it and people didn't replied in my msgs LOL :P I guess they don't like me haha

What Guys Said 16

• A - Yes, but it is only successful if you give it your all, just like in person.

I have met some amazing women, and I've adapted to this way of socializing quite nicely. It fits with how I like to meet women.

I like to know something about them before emailing them. Then, if they respond, it means they like what is in my profile or in my message. That way the rejection isn't as "in my face" as in person.

I have not met a single woman that wasn't truthful on the sties I've been on so far.

• Successful for the people running the site. They get all the money.

• Not really. I think girls on these sites are very shallow and have very high standards. Some don't even seem that serious about finding a guy, they're just doing it because they're single and bored or because they just broke up with their boyfriend and wanna find a hot rebound guy to make him jealous. So for a guy, unless you're tall, rich, handsome, and athletic, you basically have zero chances of finding a reasonably attractive girl on these sites. At least in real life, even if you're not the hottest guy on the planet, you still have a chance to get the girl if you have a good personality and you can make her laugh or make her feel special in some way.

I've been on these sites in the past and I wasn't very successful. Most of the girls I sent messages to never replied and I ended up doing a lot of copy/paste, which I know girls hate, but what am I supposed to do? Spend hours writing each girl a page-long love letter? I have other things to do and if they're not gonna bother replying to my messages, then I'm not gonna bother writing a good one. Sorry, I needed to vent a little bit..

And no, I usually take people's bios with a grain of salt. People always embellish their life to make it seem more exciting than it actually is.

• :Awww that's sad well its very opposite in my part coz... on dating site I'm the one who sending msgs yet they don't respond lol... some think I'm fake but I do have my cam, people won't believe on me that I'm grad already in college... I find it weird, well that's life... we cannot please everybody

• I haven't tried it because I have a certain opinion of online daters, but I've browsed some profiles and whoooole lot of it looks fabricated. And if it's not fabricated, it's tweaked to make them sound like a fun or charming or smart person. Also, people will always pick their absolute best pics (from the best angles). So they make look waaaaay different in real life.

• Sure, back when it was brand new I used Yahoo personals or something, in like 1999-2001. I went on quite a few dates, it was worthwhile. Most people I only saw once or twice and no one more than three times but that's alright. Plenty of chatting online, good times.

• They DO work, but there are idiots and liars just like anywhere else. You just need to talk to people for a while to really begin to get to know them, but I've had some terrific relationships resulting from meeting someone online.

• Tried it and it does work. You just have to put in the time first to crate a profile that people will want to read and then want to meet the person behind it.

Your experience of course will be different for me because as a girl a cute photo will probably give you more results that you can handle. There ar epeopel who met and got married thanks to online dating so I say go for it. Youjstu need to be ready to to go through A LOT of people before you find ones you'll even want to reply to.

• past 3 realtionships I was in began from internet dating sites

• I have tried it before. I tried plenty of fish for 6 months and I got 2 messages. One was some girl about 40 years old and the other one wanted to know if I had any weed. Guess there is no one out there for me.

• aww.. maybe they are not the right one I guess... I dunno,i can't tell well at least they replied unlike me they don't hahaha :)

• So where exactly was this? State, town, etc.

• I've made accounts like on free sites and stuff but I never try to contact anybody so it's kind of pointless for me.

• i know a friend of mine that her sister and her husband met on a dating site and it worked with them. I'm not saying it will work for everybody but it does work

• wow that's great ;) same with my sister and bro in law... awww they are a family friend but they haven't met yet in person except through cam lol

• Couldn't even get a response back. Made my confidence worse.

• thats because you made the fatal mistake of not looking like vin diseal or for not posting that you make over 100k per year silly!

• lol Then girls are retarded.

• HAHHAH were the same... I got no respond... except those people who are like 50y.o and above sending me msgs and I replied too like "sorry, but to be honest I'm not interested but I can be your friend or a daughter?LOL"

• no, the girls I'm interested in do not respond

• Never technically tried, but I am open to the idea. There is someone I'd like to meet though.

• it's not that bad. worth the try

• It's worked very well for me, but I'm white and I live in Japan. Women flirt with me a lot here, for some reason they like it that I have long blond hair and that I'm very straight-forward in my messages about my intentions. The problem is wording the first message correctly so that it's short enough someone wants to read it, but that it gets your point across.

• WOW good for you :) GOODluck ;)))

• She isn't like that either she just loves sex. I love how she gets dark red when she's having a multiple. That's why its just fantasy. It wouldn't seem like cheating since you look a lot like her ^^;

• Nyahhhahahaha--- don't know what to say lol

What Girls Said 10

• Iv tried it a couple of times. Usually you can find someone... its just that in my experience a lot of the guys werent too serious... they lie, just looking for a hookup. I mean Iv gotten in relationships with a few... they all ended, but I won't say dating sites are bad because of it. As long as the person is serious then its worth a shot. Personally Id rather meet a guy the old fashioned way... but guys hardly ever ask me out. Where on sites, I get flooded with guys.

• No but my sister went on one & started dating the guy after they met in person, turned out to be a bipolar & criminal let alone lowlife shall I go on? went to jail too and she's styll stickin by him. She's never been the same person so good idea absolutely positively NOT & if you rely on electronic's to do the job 4 you your jst sad love will come 2 you are patient till then pursue your goals...

• wow...thats weird... but yeah you're right

• one bad experience does not show a pattern. I'm not sure it would be worthwhile to point out the other problems with your post.

• Sure I guess you have a point, well am just takin firsthand as a witness 2 it & online dating is not safe so test the waters but you are playin w. fire at least check cheaterville 1st LOL @foolycooly1001 ^& thx Katyperry :)

• 3 out of 4 guys I have dated I met on a dating website. Depends what you mean by successful. I still haven't had a serious relationship but it is easy to find people you have something in common with online.

• i've tried one (can't remember the name)

and I got a bunch of messages from guys.

but, it happened to me and I've heard this same thing happened to other people too, I couldn't answer because I would have to pay for it... :/

• I haven't personally, but my dad did post divorce.

There were some batty total misses before he met my now future step mom.

• I've met people on dating sites, but the relationships are not going to go anywhere.

• From My Experience No, No & NOOOOOOO~~~ ... NO!

• Did he say the exact same thing in every message to every girl? Because if not that really isn't fair. Copying and pasting the same message and sending it as the first message to the girls you find cute or attractive really isn't lying, it's just playing a number's game since most women on there are just there for the attention and compliments, or for free dinner or sex.

• wow... in my part no one reply I sent msgs but it seems they don't like me so I just don't mind it and delete my profile LOl anyway I'm happy NOW ;)

• I think that's the worst method of dating. For all you know, a 70 year old may be pretending to be a 30 year old. But that's not the reason why I dislike it. I prefer meeting people in real life. Online is just too simple.

• yeah there are some...weird people... but Not all... :)

• well it's pretty easy to find out. either have them give you a picture holding a sign, or just meet them.

• My best friend met now husband on MySpace and they have been together 6 years. Also, my other friend met her boyfriend of 7 months on the okcupid. I think online dating can be a success if it is done the right way. I know that my friend who used okcupid said there are a lot of people on there that truly want to find someone else than some other dating sites. She said to exchange numbers with someone and make sure to talk to them on the phone at least once before you meet them. After talking to them on the phone, if you think you want to meet them then meet them in a public place. Additionally, make sure you tell a friend or relative what you are doing and who you are meeting. It is also not a dumb idea to give you password and screen name of the dating site to a friend you can trust just incase something happens.

I have been trying a few dating sites lately. I have messaged a few people and some messaged me but I have yet to find anyone that I wanted to meet yet. Actually this one guy gave me his number and I am too scared to text him so I have been just sticking to messaging and so far he doesn't seem to mind.

I personally think that bios are easy to distinguish. Some are just too far fetched. Like when a guy messaged me and said he was a Marine and then his profile says he is not in the Marines anymore and his occupation says unemployed. I just deleted that message. Or when another guy messaged me and it says I HOPE YOU LIKE BLACK GUYS. I am sorry but that is not the best foot to lead a relationship on.

This was a good question! :) Good luck and I hope you get the answers you were looking for!

• Depends.