Have you ever dated someone?

...way out of your league?

So who has and how did you get the catch? How did you meet? What do you think made them interested in you? etc

Most Helpful Guy

• Twice, one that I already dated, and another that I wish I could date but she's way too far out of my league. Like she's on another planet made for only gods and goddesses of beauty can live.

A) The one already I dated, we met through a mutual friend, we were great friends for quite some time but in the end, we both fell hard for each other. I think what got her attracted to me is my unique personality. I have the personality of a laid back guy but yet I can act like a goofy guy and know how to make someone smile/laugh. I was surprised it worked on her but wasn't complaining.

B) We almost started dating, I wish things were different, but I realize she's way too far out of my league and made my peace with that. She said the same thing, she told me she liked how I was always optimistic and funny yet someone you can talk to about almost anything. Well somethings aren't just meant to be =)

What Girls Said 7

• yess, I bumped into him nd made a total fool of myself dropping all my stuff. he helped me pick it up nd he laughed at me. later on that day he was in one of my class nd we could choose our seats I sat in the middle by myself, he sat down right next to me. he told me I looked adorable nervous x) everything was great from there

• the idea of leagues kinda sucks... but yea, I did. we met outside of a subway station. this older guy had slipped on some ice and was pretty disoriented, so I called 911. the cops came first and I hit it off with one of them. he was just really funny and sweet, was making comments on the stack of textbooks in my arms lol. it was all kinda random... a very good guy. :)

• I wish there were more like you slip ha ha :-D

• What I mean by solid game is confidence, charms, funny, etc. Not faking being someone you are not but just bringing the best that you got. Usually hot girls are much harder to impress cause they get constantly hit on by tons of guys.

• gotcha, that makes more sense :)

• Yeah. It didn't work out but we're still friends:-)

• no, I barely dated.

• that depends on how do you define out of my league, me and my boyfriend met on an online dating website, he's good looking, he's family is somewhat wealthy, he goes to a top notch school in the south and applying to top ivy school grad school, lots of career prospects, speaks 4 languages fluently, I'm hot and all but not a model status or anything, go to a community college and my family barely makes ends meet ... what made him interested in me, is that I'm down to earth, intelligent and genuinely nice he says...

• yes, education/career wise.

he graduated from a top ivy, already established in his career

and I'm just a grad student from an ordinary college without job prospects for the present

but while we weren't on the same field in that regard, I'm much hotter than he is

• Nope.

What Guys Said 9

• I haven't if I did I wouldn't be single :).

You have to feel like your partner is out if your league to stay committed to him/her. If you don't think that person is awesome and better then the most why would stay with them? There are tons of them out there just like them, it doesn't make the person to want to stay committed to them.

It's either looks/career/style etc..

When we find the one that we feel like is out of our league is when we stay committed to them. And of course the feeling has to be mutual, your partner would have to think that you're out of his/her league too.

• I do, almost exclusively. I think it's because basically I don't care if she's out of my league, if I want to ask her out, I will. This basically works for anything, the league idea only means as much as you let it.

What made them interested? no idea. l'm not bad looking, and I'm in really good shape, but I'm no adonis and my main skill in this area can't be used as an initial "in." Mainly I think it's the ability to actually hold a conversation. A sense of humour and a decent with go a long way. If you're approaching a girl at the bar, try using a terrible pickup line. 9/10 times, you'll be able to make a joke out of it and hit it off.

• I've only gone on one date (loser!). Intellectually and otherwise she was several leagues below me. However, she was smokin' hot, so it kind of balanced out. lol

• No such things as leagues.

• Yeah my ex girlfriend was way out of my league she's like one of the top athletes in our school and is way more attractive then I am. She said it was because I was funny.

• Nope. Gotta at least be able to get in my league first. lol

• Young man, the term "League" is a myth. It is in your head, only. You are entitled to go after the most gorgeous girl you can find and that's that! Take it from an old man who has been around the block several times, so to speak.

Carpe diem!

• ya... we meet in college. she was my class mate...

• I find it difficult to date in my league... I either hit above or below.