Dating and being picky?

Do you notice that picky people always ended up getting something worse than what they expect? People with not very high demand are the one who will get something better and good.I also notice that unattractive people tend to be more demand compare to the attractive one.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree 100% on this. When I used to be picky, even over trivial stuff, I used to get the worst out of everything, but when I became accepting, I started to get more than I would ask for :)

What Guys Said 3

• I found the opposite to be true. The more picky I am the better results I get because I don't have to waste my time with women who aren't what I'm looking for.

There is a flip side to this too I guess. When you're not really "picky" but rather having a fantasy of a perfect mate for yourself that is unrealistic and no one can ever match. Then you're setting yourself up for failure and frustration.

• It depends on how picky the person is; everyone SHOULD be picky to some extent. I've known people who are extremely picky and will accept nothing less than their "ideal" person. Those people usually end up either having to settle or getting really hurt. It's okay to be picky, but you have to be realistic; we're all just humans after all. For me, physical attraction is important in the early stages; after that, I become picky about personality traits. For example, I don't want to be with someone who is extremely stubborn, has a really bad attitude, etc. That approach has worked well for me.

• Picky people either get something good, or they get nothing at all - in which case they may eventually lower their standards, but by then it's already too late and they are forced to settle for something much worse.

What Girls Said 0