Is online dating full of unrealistic expectations?

I'd never really tried out online dating until recently when my previous relationship ended a few weeks back, and I felt like meeting new people. I ended up talking to this girl who lived 10 minutes away from me. We spoke on the phone for a week before meeting (had great conversations, both making each other laugh a lot, etc.; she initiated a lot of the phone calls), but beforehand, I was upfront about my previous relationship and that I was really only looking for someone to hang out with as friends (I added that if it felt right for more, I was, of course, open to that possibility). She seemed fine with that. We'd also swapped pictures during that time (in addition to what was online already).

Anyway, she invited me over to her place on Friday night to hang out, but the moment I went there, she seemed to just shut down, acted disinterested and tired, and didn't really engage me in conversation, just watched TV. I asked her if she was tired, and she said she was, but she asked if I wanted to hang out the next day and that she'd call me when she woke up. I agreed to that and left soon after. She didn't call, but I tried her late in the afternoon, leaving her a voice mail, and she texted me back several minutes later that she wasn't feeling well. I told her to feel better and get some rest, and she just replied, "thanks, I'll try." Haven't heard from her today at all, but I don't know. I just get that feeling that she was blowing me off.

Anyway, is this the norm for these types of things? I don't feel like I misrepresented myself in my pictures, so it's not like she didn't know what I looked like, and you'd figure that if she had had that much of a good time talking to me before that she'd at least put in a little effort, even if it didn't work out (plus, like I said, she knew what I was looking for right now). I know I didn't have any expectations going into this, other than just hanging out, but it was just a real disappointing experience (honestly, on the phone, she seemed pretty cool and worth at least hanging out with, even if nothing romantic came about).

Are people on online dating sites just pickier, even if you make it to an in-person meeting? Anyone else have similar experiences?

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, it happens most of the times to most of the people its always better we post a profile picture of ours so that others can decide before hand whether they are going to spend time with us. Otherwise the other person is put in a difficult position to decide on the spur of the moment and most of the humans do not react well to 'on the spur decisions".So next time post a profile picture and save yourself from heart breaks!

• I think it depend on both parties if they are willing to make it work then more power to them both

What Guys Said 0