Is he interested?

I need help (obviously). I had what I thought was a great first date Saturday night. He texted me shortly afterward telling me he had a great time and thanked me for coming. I responded similarly and with enthusiasm. It is now Wednesday and I've initiated a small text conversation and a relatively short conversation over Facebook chat. Both seemed to go well enough I guess, but there's been no mention of a second date at any point. I feel like he's not interested, but I've been known to make mountains out of molehills. Although the conversation was short, he was fairly responsive over chat, and he was the one who initiated a kiss that turned into a make-out session at the end of our first date.

I'm just really confused. The ball's in his court now as far as I'm concerned, but I don't know what to think. Does he sound uninterested? Should I just give up?

Thanks for the input everyone. I have no problem asking him out for the second date, but I'm just hesitant because I feel like he's had three opportunities already to mention it, and he hasn't. I've been initiating conversations to show my interest, so I guess I'm kind of hoping he'll initiate whatever comes next. He's significantly older than me (I'm 21, he's 27), and I don't want to come across as young/naive/only up for a good time/so inexperienced I'm not getting the uninterested message/etc
His personality is not passive--bottom line is, if he wanted a second date, I feel like he'd ask

Most Helpful Guy

• its okay, just make sure you believe you are a loser firmly and don't let anyone change that.

ok OK I joke, I make terrible joke

"the balls in his court" I read it wrong a few time . . ...hahahahhaa...

ok OK here I go . .. throw a text like this depending on the weather "hey, want to get some ice-cream/coffee(hot chocolate) with me . . .tada...

What Guys Said 3

• Relax, he had a great time. It's only been 5 days. He could be planning your next great date.

Invite him into something fun that you like to do.

If initiating dates is not your style, then wait, after 15 days I'd say he's not interested.

• @ update he could be saying the same about you...

• if he asked you out first, you should ask him if he wants to hang out next...thats common courtesy...

What Girls Said 2

• y don't you ask him out?

• Yeah after a first date if the guy doesn't ask me out again fairly soon I would think he's not interested, sorry.