Can a guy and girl be boyfriend and girlfriend even if the guy can't ask her out?

This guy really likes me, and I really like him but we live 30 minutes apart and he can't take me out on a date because I'm not allowed to yet and he can't drive except for work and school. We met in 1st grade and in 2nd grade he was my first crush. Then I moved away and forgot about him. He didn't forget me. He continued liking me. He found me on Facebook, and friended me and I said yes. Looking in my yearbook later, I realized who it was and was so excited! We started talking on Facebook, then went to text. I never asked him if he still liked me because I didn't think it was possible. I started liking him again too and we kept talking. We just didn't admit that we liked each other until a year ago and he's only seen me in person once since then. It did NOT start online and we text and/or call everyday.

So can he be my boyfriend without being able to take me on a date? He has asked me out but I can't say yes...

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 1

• I've never asked a girl on a date but I have had girlfriends.

Dating is just something old people do, not students. Just get to know him normally and stuff can evolve.

What Girls Said 2

• not to me

• Well people can be boyfriend and girlfriend but not really date. That's what it was like in high school for me