22/23 year Olds: Do You Date Older Women?

How old is too old? I'm 31 and in a group of younger friends, my friends are between 21-26, we all get along very well, and nobody sees me as the old one. I also look younger than a lot of my much younger friends. I have recently become friends with one of the 22/23 year olds and I feel like we're both flirting, and he has even hinted at more (as in sex)(I think). But should I forget about him ever wanting to dating me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I date women of quality. Not numbers. Of course the bigger the age gap the more things might be working against us. Like having kids from previous relationships, different short and long term goals and so forth, but there are things against you when you date people your own age too.

So stop caring so much about your age and go for it. He obviously likes you, and you like him too, so does anything else matter other than you two getting along? Give this a chance and see if something amazing can come of it, rather than worrying and condemning yourself to thinking "what if" later.

What Guys Said 5

• That's probably too much of an age difference for a successful life-long relationship but there's no rule against dating him and having some fun.

• Hmm , I would have my thoughts about dating a 10 year older woman and I never did it , but you never know you could be really nice :p

• OK, but if you are attracted to her & you really get along with her? Or would your brain be screaming "beware, too old!" One of my exs was 7 years younger than me and it wasn't a problem (the ex by the way is why I now have such a young group of mates, which is one of the reasons I always seem to meet younger guys. also, because most people think I look 20-24 they are the only ones that approach! just in case you think I'm hunting down young-uns!)

• yes it would probably be screaming that at the beginning , but afterward less. I would still be concerned about what others might think though ( yes I know I shouldn't but in the end we all do care about what others think)

• No problem whatsoever, if you find each other inspiring.

If it works, I don't know. That's for you to find out. If someone is mentally very young, it can be boring or tiresome to be with him or her. But if a person is mentally more grown up, age means nothing.

• I never went that far of a gap upwards. Max has been 3 years older for me. One of my friends dated a 32 year old woman when he was around 24 but it was all about sex. It lasted about 8 months.

• 10 years is a bit of a gap. Something wouldn't feel right about a relationship with a woman as opposed to a girl but you're ideal fox sex, more than ideal

What Girls Said 1

• I'm 38 but been told over and over that I don't look like my age; I mostly get hit on by younger men in early 20s... no I don't date younger guys. I'm however more attracted to older men up to 9yrs older preferrably. Don't worry too much about age gap, if both like each others, why not go for it?