Communicating via text messages?

Do guys put much weight into a girls conversational ability through text?

I'm a very out-going person but when it comes to texting or any other form of communication other than face-to-face, I fall a little flat. I just hate this way of communicating so I don't put any effort into it and I tend to kill conversations not because I don't like the person I'm talking to but because I don't like the device we're using.

Now for a guy is this a big deal? If you knew that a girl was fun and a good conversationalist in person would her lack of texting enthusiasm turn you off?

Most Helpful Guy

• No.

Texting is way different than in-person.

I have more fun chatting with girls face-to-face. When it comes down to texting, the conversations are very brief, at most. I might flirt here and there, but it dies out within 5-10 minutes (or after 3-4 replies).

There are some nights where a female friend of mine will want me to call her, so I do. That's when we actually DO talk for a bit.

But other than that, texting is not that big of a deal. It's passive, you don't hear the person's voice, and I usually text to just ask a question, set something up, or respond to the individual. It never involves a big-hearted, deep conversation.

What Guys Said 12

• Not particularly; there's only so much nuance, subtlety, turn of phrase and so on at your disposal in such a small allocation of characters; I prefer the conversationalist hands down.

• absolutely yes! turns me off. I would receive this as a lack of interest sign, but will consider somethings you did. all in all, confuses me ! LOL !

• TO be honest, yes. Unless were she to call every now and then or so and have hour long chats and such. And a "hi how are you?" here and there throughout the days. Communication is a vital thing with these kinds of things. And if you two are seldom able to see each other, this is the main way of keeping it. Of course you wouldn't want to get into something where you rarely see someone, but you get my point.

• I wouldn't care about it, but like, you'd have to *tell* me you were no good on texts, otherwise it'd freak me out a bit.

• No, as long as she doesn't just give one word responses and can ask a question or something every so often.

• well me and you are on the same boat, I don't really like texting, I rather just call the person, but yea why can't you just call the guy

• It's fine, I suck at texting too and would rather talk face to face.

• I honestly wouldn't because I'm exactlly the same way. Technology is crippling the way people interact with each other.

• No, but is it a problem if a guy is opposite of that? I've barely talked to girls. It's like I'm still learning.

• You're attractive

• I would do you

• long as she puts some effort in or told me that she does not enjoy texting then I definitlly would weigh it less than I otherwise would

What Girls Said 1

• SAME. especially talking on the phone, I prefer actually looking the person in the eyes and seeing their reactions. I hate how sarcasm always fails over text, and that is my main type of comedy, but still I like to text, its not as enjoyable and will never replace the connection you get from talking to someone face to face, being able to touch, getting a response right away. I have never been good at it, there is nothing wrong with that, we are just more human!

• though, this is scary, I text so much I believe it is making me more and more socially awkward, and therefore I prefer texting more and feel like I can express myself better through text.. I know I can relearn my people skills, but I don't know it's easier to text, laziness... :O

• I like your answer.

• :) let's burn our phones together! haha