How do you prefer to communicate with people through internet, texting, phone or in person?

How do you prefer to communicate with people through internet (fb/email/twitter/etc), texting, phone or in person?

Why?

• Internet
  • Texting
  • Phone
  • In person

Most Helpful Girl

• In person... nothing can beat that

What Girls Said 37

• I'm super shy in person, and a lot of people laugh at me because I have an odd accent (mix between New England, southern, and Wisconsin). So I definitely prefer texting or online, at least until I get to know a person better and know my words won't get lost in my shyness.

• Honestly, in person is the best because you can hear them more clearly and you can also see their reactions. sometimes on the phone and especially through internet and texting, we cannot tell when someone is joking or sarcastic, or mean. In person seeing their face along with hearing their tone helps us to differentiate their meanings and intentions of what they said and; therefore, cuts down on as many fights do to misunderstandings.

• In person is best, because certain nuances don't translate through text. I can get a better sense of the person and the conversation if we're talking face to face.

• wow guys really don't like texting! that explains why sometimes mid conversation my guy friends disappear! 0.o

• i prefer in PERSON... because through technology you cannot tell if they are sincere enough... and I really can tell that FACE to FACE is the best type of communication... here are some of my reasons why:

1.You can better understand the mood and background of the person you are communicating with through observing and responding to their body language.

2.You can clarify things immediately which is much better than email exchanges where you can easily be misunderstood... right?

3.And lastly you can feel if that person is lying or just using you or if he/she is true... ;)

Hope it helps ;)

• In order of preference:

1. In person, since it's so much more personal, and there's less room for miscommunication.

2. Skype video calls... Because they're as close as you can get to talking in person.

3. On the phone... Because at least you can still hear the person's tone of voice.

4. Via snail mail/email... Because it gives you lots of time to think about what you want to say.

5. MSN or Facebook... Because it's faster to type than it is to text.

6. Texting... Because sometimes it's the only option.

Although I guess it depends on the context. I mean, obviously if I need to get ahold of someone right away, I'm not going to write them a letter... But for non-urgent communication, those are what I prefer.

• You are just so awesome! I wish more people were like you! How often do you use Facebook and texting in everyday life?

What I've noticed is that people just prefer to have conversations through text and Facebook most of the time and I just hate it so much lol

• Yeah, I know... It drives me insane. I understand that they're convenient, but at the same time, I think there are usually much better alternatives; people are just lazy.

• I agree with this! In person is the best by far. I hate texting because I think that people don't understand what I intend. When you text you don't know what the person your talking to feels because you can not hear their voice. I also hate it when people text right in front of you because its rude and no one cares anymore! If I'm trying to date a girl and she text in front of me and does not explain anything its pretty much over. How would you like me texting another girl in front of you?

• D obviously. Text is the send best to send quick msgs. I really don't like the phone but it is the second best to in person meeting.

• HAHA I meant to put -in person, but I put phone. Ughhh

Anyway, it is simple, you can see there reaction and their emotions

in person...so, you can tell if they are legit or not.

• It feels more natural to speak in person

• In person! You can talk to them, see them, see their facial expressions, etc. It's just a lot better and a lot funner.

• i prefer in person. some things are just lost if it's only virtual communication

• ixi10, you could probably get all your Christmas shopping done with all the xper point you have. lol god

• Person, it's just easier that way. I don't really like phones, but I keep them reserved for my online friends or I just use MSN (now skype since everyone is switching to it x.x)

• In person, I'm funnier that way. But I text constantly and have gotten pretty good at being funny that way too.

• Nothing is better than in person communication. doesn't matter how high-tech it gets. I will always prefer talking to someone in real life :)

• In person > texting > internet > phone

If I have to talk to someone who's not a good friend, I prefer in person every time, because I am utterly charming. Haha but seriously, I like being able to use facial expressions while communicating (emoticons don't count).

Phone is always my least favorite, it just makes me really anxious for some reason. My new job requires me to make phone calls to strangers very often, so I might be getting better at it.

• I do all of them, but I guess I prefer to hear the person's voice. Of course, being in person is the best thing, but if I'm going to carry on a friendship or relationship, I like to be able to have a decent phone conversation. I do more texting just because it's easy but it isn't very personal. Neither is the internet. But the nice thing is having everyone on Facebook and being able to IM whoever.

• The people online I just IM. That is all, its fun and instant and I love to chat though I need to cut down on it. haha.

• Depends on who it is or what its about, but overall I prefer texting because its easier to stop the conversation if it goes dead. Also I can do other things at the same time if I need to

• I do prefer person but on the phone texting is easier and many time you can get your real emotions out because you can't see that person so once the message is send their is no turning back

• In person. This way they can't hide behind the scenes, and I'll know exactly who they are and what type they are like. On the net, phone/text, people can act like someone their not.

In person works for me

• In person but second to that would be texting

• I hate texting and talking on the phone. I'd rather talk in person.

• in person is the best, because you get to look into the person's eyes while talking and check his expressions!

talking is more that verbal, it can also be physical

• Texting gets tiresome. Phone calls are annoying sometimes when you're doing other things like cooking because you have to hold the phone up to your ear. Internet is too impersonal.

• Technology sucks donkey balls

• In person.

• I voted B,but I also prefer the internet. lol

• Those who I barely know and are just friends- texting/in person

My good friends-phone

• NOTHING is better than talking to someone in person... :)

• I'm terrible on the phone :)

In person you get to see what they look like and how they act so it's more comfortable to me

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 21

• In person, Phone, Internet then texting. That's my personal order of preference of communicating but that's just me.

Im more able to express my self through my words, body language and the tone , and the certain way I phrase things. I'm quite weird to talk to, I have a goofy yet laid back persona to talk to, and I believe it shines the most in person.

• Internet, since my in-person interactions have a remarkable tendency to devolve into shouting matches, fist fights, knife fights, and internecine warfare.

• In person (Dyadic) communication is the best for me. It's usually more intimate, honest and it allows me to receive more feedback. Voted D.

• person, for sure.

• Just the fact that there are votes for anything else other than in person, tells you what a screwed up world we have today. Geez.

• I voted in person, but really, all of the above. Accept phone, 'cos I have a bit of a phobia of phonecalls and that. But, I love all 3 more or less equally, as far as communication goes. Just, in person you can go do stuff too. Get food or whatever.

• I'd say internet because for some reason I'm wittier and can actually be funny. As to when I'm in person I'm awkward and can't think of sh*t to say.

• I like face to face communication and feel new technology is slowly deviating people away from that.

• If we're just talking and not hanging out, texting.

If there's something important to say, over the phone.

If I need to show them something online, email with a link in it.

But if its something personal like a break up, asking someone out, or talking about something like problems in a relationship or any kind of problem, then in person.

I mostly text tho.

• In person.

• In person .

• Depends on the person. If its just anyone then texting or internet but if its a girl I like then it would be phone or in person.

• in person because I am a people person

• In person, why? because for some reason, I feel like you REALLY get to meet the person when you are directly talking to them.

• Internet

• I prefer in person. But most of the time I text or phone them.

• mostly text and internet but if I really like that girl, I'd ask her out

• flirtation just doesn't give people the giggles unless you're face to face...

• D>A>B>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>C

• I can make you laugh, cry, smile, frown, and/or be mad if I'm there in person, simply by reading your emotions and tone of voice and delivering the perfect story.

I'm powerless over other forms. I become awkward because I don't get all those extra visual cues. So- Talk to me in person, I'm far more charming that way.

• Smoke signals