Ladies, would it be a turn off for you if the guy asked if he can kiss you?

Question states it all.

Lets say you are on a date and the guy wants to kiss you, would it be a turn off for you if he asked for a kiss?

Or do most of you girls prefer to be kissed when the guy feels like it's the right time to kiss you?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. But it won't gain any points either. But same goes for just kissing her. How he kisses matters more than how he gets there.

What Girls Said 11

• Asking is never a bad thing, nevertheless a turn off at all. Its sweet for a guy to ask its sexy imo. My ex-boyfriend asked me when we first started dating and it was kinda of a turn on than a turn off tbh. I loved it and didn't have any problem with the question. Not every time you want to kiss a girl you should ask tho offcourse but when you're first dating someone I think its kina sweet to do it a coupke of times or so.

• current boyfriend was the only one I've met to do this and it was amazing. I thought it was adorable - knowing he wanted to kiss me but wanted to make sure I was okay with it and was interested as well. I totally disagree that how he kisses matters more than how he gets there - how he gets there shows much much more of his personality. Style of kissing can always be adjusted, but personality definitely cannot. Asking permission shows care and respect. Very amiable :)

• Definately not a turn off. It shows the guy is considerate and a gentleman. By asking you are showing us you care about us and you want to know if we will be OK with a kiss. Which of course we are comfy with ;) lol.

Anyways that's super cute.

• If I liked the guy, then I would prefer if the date kind of lead into a kiss, but I guess asking is ok...At least he wants to kiss, right ?

• Not really. I had a lovely lad ask to make out with me last night :)

• Not in my opinion. I think that would be a really sweet thing to do. :-)

• I think that'd be super cute :)

• I've had guys ask me and no it wasn't a turnoff. But yeah I'd like him to just have the confidence to go for it when he felt it was right. Confidence. :)

• no. I kinda find that cute.

• yeah it is. just do it and don't ask. when you ask, it makes things awkward and it's a definite mood killer

• I don't really like it...I would rather him just do so

What Guys Said 4

• I think the safest approach is, when you want to kiss her, move in close, but stop an inch or so away. Let her move the last inch. If she doesn't back off, maybe try later.

• i've never asked a girl that question, my gut feeling tells me no because it would show lack of confidence, but deep down inside I want to ask because I don't want to risk getting slapped in the face

• It would be such a turn off. It's best to kiss them when the time is right. If you can't tell then pick what seems be a less awkward for it to happen.

• a guy goes around giving presentations on this subject and gave it at my collage. he asked the girls if they would prefer if a guy asked them before trying to kiss them and the majority raised there hands. he basically put it sure your not showing confidence but your showing respect and pointed out respect will get you farther in a relationship then mere confidence.

• There are some flaws with that survey design.

• I can walk around asking people who'd like to eat healthy and be fit, and everyone will put up their hands. And I can ask 'who'se gonna eat a bag of cookies tonight' and nobody says yes. People are pretty bad at intellectually answering how they'd FEEL in a different situation from the one they are in.

• i know plenty of people who would raise there hand at the bag of cookies thing. I don't see the benifit or really lying bout the kissing thing but every one wouldl yeah lie about getting fit