Can't get a girlfriend, advice?

I have no idea what is wrong with me, if anything. I have been complimented on my looks, I'm not an a**hole to anyone, I try to dress nicely, and I have a good group of friends but something is up. I don't know if it's just the girls in my high school, but I can not get a girlfriend for the life of me.

Could be that I'm short, (about 5'5 - 5'6) but I can't say. I'm 16 years old and I really just want an opinion on what you think is up. If you think it's about looks take a look at my picture, and see what you think.

I'm not "too good" I don't think. I do smoke weed and drink occasionally, and if someone just deserves something I'll give it to them, whether it's good or bad.

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly your height is fine, I've liked more guys that were your height (which is the same height as me) more than taller guys because of solely one thing: personality (it was just a coincidence). dude, seriously, just talk to girls, be nice, funny, charming, sweet and overall pleasant and a decent girl will like you. just be straightforward. look a lot of hs girls are biotches but there are plenty of girls who want a relationship with a nice fellow who they can have fun with and share memories and whatnot. you know what the best method? forget about focusing on getting a girl and just be yourself, have fun in school while you can, talk to girls and get to know new people, well girls, that you have not noticed or known before because you truly do not realize how many pretty, smart and totally decent girls there are out there, they're just you know shy or self conscious etc. anyways, be yourself and everything will fall into the places you want them to be. just relax and have fun and again try not to focus on "just getting a girl" you know?

i hope this helped. message me anytime(:

What Girls Said 3

• Your expectations seems to high.

You want a girl to just come up to you?

do you go up to them first?

anyway the best time to find someone is when you actually don't try.

It would surprise you you could meet someone walking into a restaurant in a car park walking down the street. your only 16 don't worry too much.

• aww you sound lovely.

people can just be shallow, don't worry.

it will probably get better later.

but who wants a shallow girl anyway?

• Once you've matured and figured out what you want in life things will be easier because you will know who you are and most girls will know who they are and what they want. Just give it time and be patient.

What Guys Said 2

• You might be too good. Also the height could be an issue. Girls in high school can also just be retarded. Don't worry about it too much. It's much better after high school.

• I've been told that, but high school just seems great for others, not me.

• You have no confidence and it sounds like you expect girls to be approaching you. That's not how it works. How many girls have you asked out? How many dates have you gone on?