Is it a good idea to tell a guy you can't promise to hang out with him when he asks you out?

Well there's that thing right that some guys say they a want a little bit of chase with the girl. So let's say for example if the guy asks the girl out, not exactly a date but just simply hang out, would it be a good idea for the girl to tell him that she can't promise to go out with him on the said day or that she "may" have plans and she'll see what'll happen? Would it give the guy challenge? would it make him look forward more on the day itself if the girl is available or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is just my opinion so you surely don't have to listen to me but I would have to say it depends on the guy that you're dealing with. Some of them may be completly fine with that, and yah look forward to the day even more. Where another might just see it as you playing around with him and maybe he won't find it as appealing. If this is a real life scenerio for you (not sure if it is just guessing) then I would say if you want to go out with him then just make it clear that you're free if you are and if you're not then don't. That doesn't mean you have to be overly enthusiastic and make it super clear, if you're the type to keep you're interest minimal at the beggining then you can do just that, or whatever suits you...lolz any doodle really just depends on the guy =) I hope that jumble of information helps you even a bit =P

What Guys Said 1

• No, that just sounds really bad, unless you really think you are sure you can't go that day to some emergency. Even if that was the case, you shouldn't set your date on a day like that in the first place. It's basically showing that you aren't committed/not interested enough. Enough with the chases/ teases and just stick with your words.

If a girl said that to me, I'd think she was trying to lead me on and I'd think twice about not being in a serious relationship with her.

What Girls Said 1

• I think they'd take it as a no. it comes off to me as "I will if I don't have anything better to do." and to me that's treating the guy like an ass.