Would you rather date a pessimist or an optimist?

would you rather date an optimist or a pessimist?

example; optimist - is comfortable with who they are, sees beauty where others' don't, non-judgemental, but can still dislike someone/thing (if they have enough reason to)

or pessimist; hates themselves, sees everything in black and white, not willing to change their life, doesn't go out much. self wallows.

Most Helpful Guy

• 4|0
    • couldn't have said it better myself! if you are going to define words, at least look them up in the dictionary without tying your own associations into them! (talking about QA not you)

What Guys Said 8

• No contest: I would pick the Optimist 10/10 times

• Optimist. I usually feed off of others' energy so a pessimistic attitude doesn't help me.

• Optimistic for sure.

• I'd rather date a slight pessimist because I like being right. :D A severe pessimist is draining and an optimist would make me become pessimistic (I'm a Gemini).

• I've always been a pessimist, which in my terms is an optimist with a negative experience. I think a reasonable optimist would balance out with myself quite nicely now that I think of it.

• No one likes a peasimist

• Optimist. I'm sort of pessimist but I don't self-wallow. I go out a lot though. However, I see everything as black or white, no gray. I don't hate myself either.

• Optimist. Confidence is beautiful!

What Girls Said 3

• I could never date a pessimist. Not only am I extremely optimistic, but my father is the most extreme pessimist I have ever known and I sincerely cannot stand negative, pessimistic attitudes. It's one of my pet peeves and number one turn offs.

I believe that there are two types of people in this world...

1. People who puncture energy with ugly, regressive, unsatisfying tihngs.

2. People who heal energy.

Pessimsitic people tend to puncture energy. I don't like that. I'm so turned off by that and I can't stand to be around it. I choose to give something stronger and more pure back to society and I can't see myself being with someone who isn't the same in that way.

• This question is 100% bias towards how you see optimists, I fit your description of an optimist but I'm not one. This question with the examples you gave is like asking would you rather eat fresh food or moldy food.

• Well, someone is obviously biased. The way you worded it, nobody with half a brain will pick pessimist.

And you aren't a dictionary, so please stop trying to be one, pessimistic does not mean self-hating or isolated.

All it means is somebody who tends to be more negative.

And I think you are making things black and white. Not everyone is a strict optimist or pessimist.