Is 4 hours a long time to text someone?

the messages were back and forth, for me four hours is a long time to be texting someone I usually would end the conversation before then. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a long time to text but it really depends. I mean did you like send a text or recieve a text ever minute or every 2 minutes or was there a lot of wait time? I mean I think it is long regardless but I have texted a few girls for like 12 or 14 hours a couple of times. It really kinda killed my day but I wasn't doing anything to begin with so I guess it was OK. If I was busy I probably would have just found a way to get out of the conversation after a few hours. On the other hand my buddy texts me from work when he is bored and we only like send out a text like once every half hour because we are doing other things. I find it OK to text him for a long period of time because he lives in California and I don't see him much anymore or else I probably wouldn't text him and just go over to his house. But yeah I guess 4hrs is long lol

What Guys Said 4

• From an outside perspective, yes, that's a very long time.

However, from an internal perspective, it can be just a simple chatter. For social people, texting for hours is nothing out of the ordinary. It's like talking to someone for 20 minutes... just turned into texts.

So you really need to see what type of person is coming from it.

• im a social person and I think that's a long time for a text message conversation.

• wow that's rude. you don't have to be such a douche just because I think something different to you.

• Well if you think that's a long time, then why would you post a question asking if it's long?

If you think it's long, then it is. From an outside view, yes, it's long. But from an inside view, perhaps this person is into you and you're into them. You'd want to occupy as much time as you can with him/her. And 4 hours isn't even long... It just shows that you guys love talking to each other 24/7.

• I remember those days, o for young love

• Nah, that's probably a good 15 min conversation.

• It's definitely not a short amount of time. I'd say it's at least above average.

What Girls Said 3

• Umm hell yes, that is a long time especially txting, I can't even talk on the phone for 2 hours before I start gettn bored and I really can't text past ten minutes. As long as it was interesting keep the fun times rollin

• im the same as you, if I run out of something to talk about I just don't talk so that usually leaves the convo dead after about half an hour.

• not for me, but I do other things while texting, not like I'm sitting waiting for each response

• well I was doing other things but was also able to text, not like I sat and stared at my phone for four hours

• yeah I know it does, I just personally would run out of things to talk about before that amount of time, usually anyway. :)

• u talk about the things you're doing inbetween texting.haha

• Wow, that's a long time! Congrats on getting the convo kicking for 4 hours. Props to you! :)