My boyfriend doesn't let me pay for anything. Is this normal behavior?

My boyfriend doesn't let me pay for anything. He also tells me that I do things that displease him. Like the other day I said sh*t, and he said it wasn't ladylike to say such things. He says he doesn't approve of my friends becaue some of them have tattoos, and piercings. Is this normal ?

Most Helpful Guy

• well by not letting you pay for anything, he's just being a gentleman and pampering you. Well at least he's honest about the things that he doesn't like about you, but I agree that he should probably sugarcoat his words. I'm guessing he's from a conservative family so he's not very used to hanging out with the tattoos and piercings crowd. Try talking to him about your friends, tell him all their positive attributes and that sometimes you can't judge a book by it's cover. But definitely have a chat with him about the things that you don't like about him. hopefully everything works out :)

What Guys Said 2

• runn! run as far as you can! unless these friends are guys who hit on you then he on some controlling sh*t, and him saying you aren't lady like for saying sh*t is most definitely him being arrogant and showing that he thinks he is better than you. I'm not trying to be that person but think of the future would you really want a guy like that in your life, to treat your kids like that? have the above the world attitude, get the f*** outta here, tell him to chill out or dump his ass.

• too much of restrictions...aarghh...

I would dump him if I were u

• I am sure he has beliefs like...girls who have tattoos are sluts and sleep around...also girls who swear are not good girl and stuff like that.

he is just plain trying to be ultra sophisticated(too boring)

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds like you two aren't very compatible.

• He seems to be super religious or something.

He seems controlling and it's probably not normal. Although, it is good that he talks about his issues. Just don't let him control you. If he tells you to stop talking to your friends, I wouldn't go for it.

• over protective but he loves you