How come I can't get a date online?

I don't understand, I've joined countless dating sites and I haven't gotten one date off of it. Out of all the sites I've only received about 5 messages in total which is a total blow to my confidence, even when I send messages they read them and don't respond. I tried the dating scene off line and I can't even get one date which depresses me even more. In my dating profile I'm completely honest about my dating life, I state that I'm 22 and I've never been in an relationship, kissed anyone, dated, etc., don't have a driver's license, and I still live at home. I feel that I need to be completely honest with a person before I start dating them so all the cards are on the table and they're no surprises later. Maybe that's why I have no luck, or it could be because I'm really not that attractive idk. It also sucks that I don't have any friends, so I don't have any that can hook me up. I think I should just quit trying since I know it will never happen and maybe I'll get lucky

Most Helpful Guy

• You have part of it right. You're telling the girls TOO MUCH.

If you "state that I'm 22 and I've never been in an relationship, kissed anyone, dated, etc., don't have a driver's license, and I still live at home," you're painting a very unattractive picture of yourself...and the thing is, you're doing it unnecessarily! You don't have to be deceptive or hide those things about your life, but if you want dates, you have to present yourself in a certain way. Forget about there being "surprises" later on...give a girl a chance to like you for your personality, and if she's worth keeping around, she'll stick with you despite those things.

If your dating life or where you live comes up, put a positive spin on it. You can always say that you haven't met the right person yet, and that you're saving up money to move out of your parents' house eventually.

I can relate to you, having gone many, many years without having a relationship, but I wouldn't tell a girl I've just met about all my years of inexperience. I don't even know her well enough to TRUST her with that information, and she doesn't know enough about me to like me in spite of those things.

Just be cool and confident. Talk about your interests and hobbies, and NOT your inexperience, and you're likely to get much better responses. Hope this helps.

What Girls Said 2

• Too much information."I've never been in an relationship, kissed anyone, dated, etc., don't have a driver's license, and I still live at home" PLEASE REMOVE there not bad things but in dating site, they have no choice but to judge a book by it's cover

take about more about your hobbies and personality

I don't think you should ever tell I girl that right off the bat. Let her get to know you First. Then when you feel that there is a type of a connection to where she is girlfriend material, then tell her. After reading that anyone wouldn't want that. BUT if you would have gotten know them better and they liked you I'm pretty sure they won't care that much if they true had feelings for you.

Ive seen so many girls do that before, guys who are in the same situation like you who have girlfriends who like/love anyway

• You're telling girls things they don't want to know. Be honest, but not too honest.

What Guys Said 2

• funny I'm in the same boat too but I have not been that honest on a dating site

• No, don't say that! Don't ever tell someone you haven't dated when first meeting them, even on your profile. I read this as a rule" don't discuss you relationships unless asked about them" even then be brief. When you first meet someone it should be about you and what you are looking for. You are putting baggage on yourself without them even knowing you. If I was to read a profile like the one you stated I wouldn't message you either. Redo your profile, and you might want to change something to make guys see you differently. Remember we are visual people, "what looks good must be good to us" , initially of course.