Guys how do you tell a guy you are 19 and never had sex?

I'm 19 years old soon to be 20 and I still never had a boyfriend.

It wasn't because I never wanted one ... I had many chances but somehow I just never let them evolve into anything bigger. I was raised in a very traditional family where sex was always an unthinkable and a forbidden subject. As I grew up everyone would tell me how I would embarrass and shame my family if it was with a guy I wouldn't marry. So mostly, whilst living with my family I was always scared of them... now I moved out, started college. However after a visit to a doctor a few years ago, who warned me that my "first time will be very painful and I have to ask my partner to be gentle" I was always scared and just tried to put this off.

Now I'm soon to be 20 years old, and I can't even admit to my guy friends that I'm a virgin, because they'd think I'm kidding... everyone seems to think I'm not by the way I either act or look...:/ So I now have a fear of dating guys too... how do you explain to a guy you are still a virgin by 20 :/ that's so embarrassing ... what if they think somethings wrong with me?

Guys what do you think? Any advice?

Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Just don't make it into a big deal. I'm 19 and a virgin, and I'm quite proud of it. I tell myself that the guy is going to have to accept that about me if we're ever gonna be together. So when the topic is ever brought up, I just say "I'm a virgin," plain and simple. Most guys aren't surprised, since they know me to be a "good girl" type. But sometimes they say "why?" and I just tell them the truth. I'm waiting till I'm married. I keep the conversation casual and act like it's no big deal, and usually they do the same.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah how is that embarrassing? I always find that really attractive. Definitely a good quality to have. I'm 19 too, and I wish more girls my age were like that.

• You do realize that makes you special right ?

you know how many guys would love to have a girl like that ?

What Girls Said 3

• "I am nineteen and I have never been with a guy before."

It's that simple. Unless he's an a**hole, he won't judge you for it. Big chance he might even like it. Not only is teaching fun, but having no experience simply means he can "mold" you into what he likes. So don't worry, really. No one is going to judge you for it, and being a virgin at 19 is absolutely NOT embarassing. Don't be too eager to give it up to anyone just to get rid of it. Wait till you're with a guy who cares about you, and who'll be gentle and considerate.

• there are many guys out there your age and older still virgins, around your age, surprisingly, I believe there are more male virgins out there than female virgins

• I think it's just a personal choice. I'm in my mid-20's and have yet to have sex either.

Also; think of it this way; when you start having a serious relationship and you tell the guy you're a virgin; he'll feel awesome about himself for snagging such a catch!