I blew a special night, advice?

I blew a special night with my lady. She surprised me when I got there and was looking all gorgeous and I had to leave. I mean she had bought new earrings and a new outfit, asked me to stay, I just couldn't had to work the next day. How can I make it up to her, I feel I let her down. The way men look at her I have to be on my P's and Q's. Any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell her you feel awful for having to leave so early, But tell her that just seeing her for those few minutes, made you feel amazing, and that you feel so unbelievably proud to have her by your side, and tell her that you two should find a nice time to reaally enjoy that outfit, go out for a nice dinner or something, just keep reminding her you love her :)

What Girls Said 7

• Well, this is just me, but I'm thinking that if she did all that, she wanted to impress you- so this could be somewhat similar to the tale of the magi in a way, it seems. If I was her, I would be sad, of course (she might be upset though, in that case you should probably take a slightly different route, so be sure) but my base feeling would just wanting to spend time with the person I liked, and going to great lengths to ensure it- so if you can, return the favor. People who do surprise type things tend to like them back, so I think it'd be nice if you tried to throw together something special for the two of you. Sooner than later, preferably. (Healing a smaller wound sooner is better than an extravagant cure later). Tonight, I would've sat her down and told her how much I appreciated what she did for me last night, how lucky I was to have such a fantastic girl and how sorry I was that I couldn't stay there for her. From the absolute bottom of my heart. As for being insecure- there's a reason she likes you and there's a reason why you asked for advice- you're a nice guy.

• well take her out on a day you don't have to work and take your time and say you still feel bad you had to leave early and couldn't enjoy her beauty as long as you'd want to so you two have to make it up for it... take things slow and romance her.

• Aww I'm sorry. Whenever someone cancels on me due to work,I'm really understanding as you can't help that..

Sorry I don't have any advice,good luck!:)

• It's really cool that you're understanding when things come up. It's great to surprise someone with an unexpected pleasure, but you have to accept that it might not be a good time.

• You defintely should try to make this up to her somehow. I'm sure she doesn't feel too good about herself right now. I personally think you should have made an effort to stay a little longer. Losing a little sleep to make someone you really like happy is nothing ( to me anyways ) but if you tell her how thankful you are that she went through all that for you and how gorgeous she looked and apologize to her, she may forgive you after a few days :)

• I know, but I work long hours and have to be sharp mentally, she knows that. Believe me I try to make her happy all the time, she just wanted to make me happy and I surely was, just seeing her like that. I mean I've seen her dressed up before but she was as absolutely stunning. My birthday is coming up and instead of making it about me I'm will make it about her. How does that sound?

• sounds really sweet, hope everything goes good!

• Surprise her and take her out somewhere special. Don't tell her but ask her to look nice and give her a time you will pick her up. Make it great!

• Perhaps you could organize a special night for her to make up for it. Make sure you''re not working the next day so you don't have to rush and leave!

• Well I'm sure she was really disappointed and if a guy did that to me I would be inclined to believe that he may not care about me that much. I wouldn't worry about it too much though because the only thing you need to do is go above and beyond in letting her know how much you care. Send her some flowers to her work...and plan a special evening for her. That should do the trick! = )

Good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• Make it clear to her you were aware of all the effort she put into the evening. Then you have to put at least as much effort into making another night just as special. It's a matter of reciprocating the effort, not any one gesture.

• She probably knew about it, don't sweat it. Just do the same thing for her when both of you have free time.

• You picked your priorities!

In your place I'd rather argue with my boss than with my girl!

It's just a one f***ing day at the work which is the same as any other days, but you chose it over that one special night... stupid, what can I say?

• My man how is paying your bills stupid? I have to be focused for my work, I deal with people future and their finances. She didn't take that bad but I will make it up to her. My job is not average which makes it a priority. I'm not going to bash you for your opinion, but "stupid", is not appropriate here. I can clearly see you don't have a high paying job!