He is falling over me and it's turning me off!

this guy is head over heels for me(wrong expression for a guy.haha) and I never expected him to be like this, I thought he was strong and confident... not this desperate, I still like him, but I want him to make me chase him a bit... I've been distancing myself and showing that I'm turned off by it, but I don't know what I should really don't I feel like it might just end and I don't want it to... He's been hurt in the past by his ex and now he seems like he is desperate for someone, I gave him a little attention and now he's crazy for me, I don't like it, but I like him, any advice?

we've known each other for only a few weeks and only have texted, no dates, I don't know why he is so sure .. I think he is just desperate and wants a girlfriend in general.

Most Helpful Guy

• try telling him how you feel

What Guys Said 5

• sounds like the beginnings of a wonderfully one-sided cling-fest filled with dozens of text messages to your phone per day

he is moving too fast...slow things down...dont see him or contact him/reply as often or as much without being a d***...

• yepp, I guess this is a clear sign I should run away?

• well, I don't know about running away...but just don't show as much affection back to him..he'll cool off I think unless he's unstable ...

• I think he's the unstable type, we'll see, for now I'll keep things friendly, maybe say "I don't like you like that" or "I hardly know you"

• I don't get it, you want him to not text you and not show he likes you? Sounds like you're not looking for a relationship right now

• you girls like challenges

• yea I mean I don't want games but a little chase so I know its worth it. don't throw yourself at me.ugh.

• tell him to slow down a little

• You're immature, I can't help you much about it!

You love feelings born from detachment and are unable to handle attachment, that's cardinal feature which may prevent you or your spouse, or both of you to be happy.

What Girls Said 3

• I think he wants a real relationship and you just want to play some game. Let him go and find someone who wants a real relationship and not just an encounter or maybe he's just not he right one for you

• You either like him or you don't ...if not stop wasting his time playing games. some times you just know. Nothing weird about what he is doing.

• What you said before can be true.. this guy is either desperate and wants a girlfriend so he will have whoever will have him or he might be crazy for you meaning he is acting really weird like contacting you all the time, looking like he is really obsessed/ infatuated with you.. maybe doing a little bit of stalking. I think the main thing here is that you like him so you don't want to lose total contact with this guy.. meaning you want him to chase you a little bit and make sure he is doing everything to show he is interested in you so maybe you should contact him and ask him what's going on why is he acting the way he is because if you keep this in the dark meaning you don't respond to his texts and totally ignore him.. he will eventually disappear and it will be so hard for you to even contact him and see him. I experienced a similar situation with a guy I showed a tiny interest in him and he stalked my life.. meaning he would rock up on the side of my house, prank my phone all the time.. have his friends check up on me.. play me love music near my house. I did like him and he was my type.. but I ignored his advances and now I haven't heard from him or seen him in so long... and I regret it a bit because I admit we did have something rare that I've never felt before in a guy and it s gone and I can't get it back... so tread very carefully with this guy because you do like him and contact him to ask why he acts the way he does and if he could keep it on the down low because it makes you feel uncomfortable and hopefully things get better from there

• ok so basically I need to tell him he's coming on too strong without offending him and without ignoring him.. I'll see what I can do..

• yea but saying "you're coming on too strong" is too blunt and will probably embarrass him, I have to hint it... ugh

• just say it.. your not gonna embarass him.. he has to know the truth or he will keep annoying you. this is about you and him so he shouldn't be embaraased. Be straight with him.. no hinting and this other bullsh*t.. just tell him and hopefully things will get better