Why do women lie about guys being "too nice"?

Because I'm fairly certain if a guy looked like Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom, was tall, successful, adroit and treated women "too nice" that most wouldn't have any problem with it. Right?

Most Helpful Girl

• Too nice = not attracted to. It's often a copout excuse, because nobody wants to say "I don't find you sexually attractive."

However, too nice can also mean the person is no fun to be around. It's not just looks. They don't seem to have a personality because they are always trying to guess how to make the other person happy. This isn't just romantic relationships, but friendships as well. Most people want to spend time with someone that they enjoy being around, who engages them by being compatible, but separate. People who are "too nice" are often passive-aggressive people who try to read the minds of others, make decisions based on this and (secretly) also feel resentment that they are trying so hard and cannot get the results they want. It's super hard to actually form a relationship with someone who is like this.

What Girls Said 3

• I would have a problem no matter what you looked like. "Too nice" is a nice way to say you're smothering me you pushover boring person. When someone agrees with you too much and does anything for you, it can be a bit boring and smothering, so too nice can be a problem. Think about it if a girl were always wanting to be with you always doing everything you say and agreeing with everything you say, would you want her? Probably not. It's human nature to want a challenge a bit or at least an individual... a relationship is about two individuals coming together, not one person molding into the other because they love her too much... at least that's my opinion.

• Well what if I don't agree with her a lot, and only meet once week but I like to text her a lot during the day?

• texting a lot = smothering sometimes plus it takes out the fun.. believe it or not as much as we hate the chase, we don't want something on a silver plate for us. I say play a little hard to get don't text her as much or if you do be mysterious! ;) it'll drive her nuts, but don't do it too often! if you're dating her then its cute that ou text her!

• A guy being "too nice" is not an excuse. If a women uses that, she obviously was just not into the dude. I personally don't think either of those dudes are attractive, so if they were being nice to me... cool. I just wouldn't be into it. But if the man of their dreams was being nice and treating her like a princess, they wouldn't be using "too nice" as an excuse. They'd be all over that.

• im not a big fan of guys being too nice...esp if I'm not into them. these guys that are "too nice" would put you as priority. they will give you everything they can...girls love that. but most of us don't feel like we deserve a guy like this. I feel that they deserve a girl that can give just as much :/ and if I didn't like one of them, id feel like I wasted his time and money. but since he's too nice, he doesn't mind. so id feel like I was using him :(

What Guys Said 2

• No. Women like men. Not good looking, well behaved _boys_.

You don't have to be a jerk, but you need to have backbone and respect yourself, otherwise how can they respect you or feel that you're capable?

When they complain about 'too nice' that's what they mean.

• I'm nice but I don't sugarcoat it, if she doesn't like it then f*** off lol