Short guys. Height???

Im 5' 4" and I was wondering how girls feel about short guys. I'm a lot stronger than most of my guy friends even though their taller. I have broad shoulders and toned arms but I was wondering if my high would be offputting. What do you girls think?

Also, I've got long darkblonde curly hair. Lots of girls like it so idk...

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think height matters as much as personality. I'm dating a guy that is two-three inches shorter than me and I don't even realize it most of the time. Just be confident, regardless of your height and any girl will find herself interested :)

What Girls Said 16

• You sound pretty fit ... personally I prefer shorter guys to taller and my ideal height for a guy is around my height (I'm 5"6'). Pretty much throughout my teenage years I was obsessed with this actor who is only 5"5' and one of my boyfriends was 3 inches shorter than me. I've dated a mix of tall and short guys and I've never found any height to be off-putting.

To be honest, personality counts for so much more than height. Guys who are traditionally good looking but are boring, egotistical or just plain sleazy are totally repulsive.

• well, I'm 5'11" so most guys are like, "Wow, your tall" when they see me. And I'm like, "Thanks?" I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not. haha. I would date a short guy, but it depends how short. If he's taller than my shoulder I would say it's ok, but I don't like being with guys shorter than that because then their on the same level as my boobs hahahaha. And that's a tad uncomfortable when dancing with them. But, then again, if I really liked him, height doesn't reallly matter. What matters is that I found someone for me : )

• I was like that. I'm a very tall 6'4", and also quite strong. I used to have a rules no guys under 6'2", as I love to wear my 8" stilettoes everywhere. I'm a Kickboxer and weightlifter so also liked them strong.

But a year ago, I met my current boyfriend who is really short, he's about 4'11", skinni and weak(bless him).

I tower over him in my 8" high heels(which makes me 7'), but I don't care. I fell for him, he's soooo cute. But he doens't have a problem with me in heels at all. Try it girls

• I'm barely 5'2 and I find short guys attractive because I don't have to always be looking up all the time and because I feel comfortable around people my height. I would prefer a guy your height over a guy who's 6'2 because his giant stature would be a constant reminder that I'm so tiny (which is something I've disliked about myself forever), and people generally assume that because I'm so small that I can't defend or stand up for myself.

I think you'll find a girl who will accept you for your height and physique, as long as you embrace it and don't let it bring you down.
    Girls like confidence, and everyone else will feed off of your great personality! Hope that helps!

• Well a lot of girls just seem to like guys that are around their height or taller then them. Sure there are some girls that are attracted to just tall guys, but not all girls. So I do understand why taller girls tend to like taller guys. I'm a petite girl, I'm just about 5'1 or 5'2, and I wouldn't want to be with a real tall guy. My boyfriend is probably about your height and I have no problem with it. I love it. He has great arms and if I had to choose between him having good arms and being tall, I would choose the arms, no competition. Sounds like your in good shape, which is more important to me then height. Also, your still young and could still grow more but it really isn't big deal. I understand how it could weigh on your confidence but from my point of view, it really shouldn't. Hope I've helped in one way or another!

• Most girls prefer taller men. They are viewed as more attractive by some, including myself. But I do know many short guys that were able to hook up with extremely attractive women. They all had one thing in common: confidence. If you exude poise and confidence regardless of your height, finding a woman should be less difficult. I am 5'6 ... so a shorter guy is not the ideal but you're probably a catch in other girls' eyes. No worries.

• well honestly I'm 5'10 and I only date guys taller than me in heels. I know it sounds bad but this means that since I feel so amazon all the time that larger guy makes me feel more petite. But you sound like you have a lot going for you. I have ALOT of male and female friends that are jockeys and let me tell you they have NO PROBLEMS. you get all of the pretty petiete girls that are really cute think of it that way. Good luck

• Most girls prefer to date guys taller than them. I'm 5'2'' though, so you're fine for me. Anyways, since you're under 18 you'll probably grow some more. I have an uncle who was really short and skinny all through high school and then grew when he went to college. Now he's like 6'3'' and really muscular.

• I like short guys. As long as you have swagg and have other good qualities you can get girls. I have short guy friends and they have a lot of girls, so I guess its not a problem for them.

• well I am going out with a guy who is my height and I don't hae an issue with it but some girls are worried about what other people think about who they are with and have issues with it, but some don't care and if you are worried about it just find a girl that is you height, because it sounds like you are cute and I don't see why a girl would not like you because of you height.

:) I hope I could of helped solve what girls think about height

• I like a guy that's around my height, or a little shorter or taller. All girls have different preferences to hair, height, etc.

• Short guys are cute. I'd love to cuddle with one

• well your still taller then me so I'm fine with it

• i honestly like taller guys lke 5'8 5'9 but that doesn't mean it for every girl

• i only like short guys if they're exactly my height.if they're below my nose I feel awkward

• You're under 18, so you'll probably grow some more.

• Generally tiny girls want tall guys. Avg girls PREFER tall guys but if everything else is fine with you then they'd date you and tall girls.. they don't really care. - experience

What Guys Said 5

• I know you want a reply from a girl but I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 5'5 and I have asked other girls about how they felt about shorter guys. Most of the time height is an issue because they are concerned with how it'll look to the public. The other issue has to do with simple biology, a taller man appears to be more healthy and thus more attractive to the female. One that is smaller than the average may not appear as healthy for example. That is on the subconcious, almost instinctive level though, after all deep inside we all have that animal part in us.

My girlfriend is also 5'5 and she likes wearing high heels. She's about 5'9 with them on and the height difference really shows when we go out sometimes but it doesn't bother me. It only starts to bother me when it bothers her and it did at first. She finally got over it when I asked her a question that stuck in her head for a very long time about who's she concerned for, herself or what others see in us together? Are we in a relationship to please others or are we in this for us?

Some girls cannot get over being with a shorter guy, some can. It all depends on their unique personalities I guess.

• Well it makes things harder like being born a girl with tiny boobs. But plenty of women with small boobs are considered attractive and get lots of guys attention so yeah some girls will reject you for it but you only need one at a time right. Unless ur a Mormon lol. A lot of guys who are short are aggressive strong confident and natural leaders. Napoleon comes to mind, a non evil example Martin Luther King was also pretty short especially amongst African American men. this stereotype of the short guy as the leader of the gang as breaking expectations of being the biggest man in the room in spite of his height is out there so play to that. I am sure you have heard this tired clche a thousand times but it really is true confidence is what its all about. Don't think about it you can joke about it sometimes if you want but don't overdo it let everyone know you don't care

• Girls don't really like short guys. I am one such short guy...join the club.

• Oh btw that's why you didn't get many replies from girls because they didn't want to be mean and tell that to you. Haha. They feel bad saying that they wouldn't go for short guys. But don't feel bad though you would find short girls too. Short girls also like tall guys but they loose the competition when it comes to tall guys and they are left with only short guys. So there you go.

• Wow... dude I've got a gf, its not a problem for me, I just wondered what girls as a whole thought.

• That's good, that's good.

• I'm just over 6'5" and looking to get rid of a couple of inches if you're interested?

• My friend, you are fuc-ked.

- A real Advice.