Why do so many people use fake pictures (girls) and then get mad for guys "attempting" to hit on you?

put stuff like "don't message me if your pervert" or like don't message me like "hey sexy" or something like that...girls would you mind explaining? why put don't say stuff like that when you purposely put a hot fake pic up there...makes no sense -.-

Most Helpful Girl

• To feel sexy, wanted, and noticed. Some people find it comforting to live through another person and the internet makes that very very easy to do. I can relate, I know what its like to wish you were someone else for a moment. Some people do take it to extremes and stealing someones images and pretending its you is just wrong :/

(not that anyone would) but I would be mortified if someone used my photos. Then again, most people who do it use really slutty photos of very attractive people who probably took the photo for some cheap "get ass fast" web-advertisement :P so..

hopefully, its just a stage for them.

What Girls Said 11

• They want to look good and be noticed- but only by the nice, hot guys (and most nice guys don't start off conversations by calling someone sexy, quoth the book of girldom). So it's pretty much another double standard =/

• well, I have no clue. for attention, I guess. they probably don't get attention in real life, so if they put a fake picture of some 'sexy' person up, they'll get hit on, and feel great about it, I guess.. which is dumb, because it's not you that's getting hit on, it's the person that's in your picture that's getting hit on. and the problem is, some idiots on here are dumb enough to believe that it's a real picture.

my pictures aren't fake, but I do state on my profile something like 'don't message me if you're a perverted 40 year old pedophile.'

I didn't come on here to get hit on by old grandpa's. lmfao.

although, sometimes, it's difficult to know if a picture is real or fake.

but no one should do it, it's lame. end of story.

• They want to be noticed or they really just like that picture and wanted to use it as their profile thingy :) I'm just in the middle occasionally, one day ill be like hey I wanna be noticed today and then the next day illl be like I don't wanna be noticed today it just goes to my mood ha ha :) but I'm not sure when it comes to other girls

• I put a fake one b4 but it was a face with natural hair from google and I never got hit on...now I put a real pic and gladly nothing happened

• Maybe they don't get attention like that in reality so they look for it on GAG? Idk, my main picture is of my sexy cat which nobody clicks on so usually they don't see my other pictures.

• Doesn't happen to me

• Mine is real. :(

• Its yet to happen to me

• Im asking my self the same question haha!

• Well, my picture is very much real. If someone wants to compliment me they may do so. I will take it with a smile and tell them thank you. However, if they are trying to "cyber sex" or meet up with me I am not interested. I will carry on a conversation with someone if we conversate well, but I am not here to meet nor have cyber sex. Simple as that. I'm sure other girls can agree with me as well.

• but I'm saying for people who use fake pictures...then put "don't ask me for cyber sex" wouldn't be easier to just put up a real pic or no pic at all? that's all...

• gah! you're putting too much thought into it!

and I hope you were being sardonic.

• why can't you stop yourself from leeriing/

What Guys Said 1

• I'll make a guess - she's 16, British, and you went through trial-and-error