I'm really lonely and want a girlfriend, advice?

I'm an 18 year old guy and lonely and really want a girlfriend. I feel like I would be a good boyfriend. I love to cuddle, make jokes, have fun, have intimate chats, hang out, etc. Plus, I really care about people. It's not like I'm just standing around waiting. I'm constantly flirting with girls, talking, trying to get to know them better. I just keep striking out. I know a couple girls who like me, so that's good, but the only thing is that I'm not attracted to them and feel nothing around them (I see them as a friend), so don't want to lead them on. It just seems like the girls I like, don't like me, and the girls I am not attracted to, like me.

People tell me I'm attractive, so that might not be the issue. I think my issue is that I'm kinda socially awkward and don't always know what to say/do. I end up coming across the wrong way. Or there have been times where I don't know when to leave and then girls say I'm a stalker. It's really frustrating. People are so quick to judge and I have such a small margin for error, yet I'm not perfect and make mistakes. I'm just really frustrated. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to be 19 soon and I just recently got my first real boyfriend about a week ago, kind of was in the same situation as you. My boyfriend and I are both extremely socially awkward, and everything is great so far. We have a lot in common, make each other happy, and we feel comfortable with each other.

About a month ago I got sick of being perpetually single, so I checked out some of the online dating sites, and that's where we met. He lives pretty close, and we see each other on the weekends he has off work (I'm still in college and he's working to save money before he goes back to college). At first I felt kind of strange at 18 on a dating site, and I thought that there wouldn't be a lot of people looking for something serious (especially seeing as I'm slightly overweight), but there were a lot of cool people, and within a few minutes of making my profile I had a guy talking to me already. It doesn't hurt to try, especially if you're as good as you make yourself sound. There will always be the people that will dismiss you at first glance, but you have to look through them to find the people that are genuine and won't judge based on something stupid/insignificant.

If you don't want to try online stuff try and get out of your own way, trust me I know it's not as easy as it sounds. If you take baby steps towards being really outgoing and less socially awkward it'll happen in no time.

The way you describe yourself is kind of the way I would describe my boyfriend by the way, and I find the social awkwardness really cute/endearing. I'd say you just need to find someone who can see your awkwardness (as well as any other flaws you might have) as something that makes you more perfect.

What Girls Said 2

• Welcome to the club, this site would'nt exist if finding that other person was so easy. Things just take time and I've noticed that its the time when you quit putting energy into it, is when they all start coming. That's good that your not leading those girls on, or settling because your lonly. Girls want boyfriends just as much as you want a girlfriend, a lot of it has to do with the right timing. Try and take on a hobbie or do fun things and girls will come. If some girls already like you that's a good sign, its not you, you just haven't found a girl you really click with yet. Just be patient she'll come.

• get out more. ask your friends to set you up

What Guys Said 2

• I've gone through the same exact thing. I formed my own psychology about why this happens. PM me for more info.

• Keep on rockin' bro. You'll find your princess charming soon enough.