My boyfriend said I have to buy him stuff...

My boyfriend of 3 months won't buy me anything. He said that all his ex girlfriends did everything for him and were there when he needed them. So if I want him to be the man I need him to be I would have to do as they did. Since I won't do anything for him he feels like he should be with another girl. But every time I break up with him he calls me back and tries to make up with me. I do little things like take him out to eat but he wants more like shoes and stuff. Should I do more things for him to show him I'm a good girlfriend and so he can start being there for me or should I stop trying move on ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Stop trying and move on. If you have to buy this guys love, it's not worth it. Think about it if the tables were turned. What if you told him that he had to buy things in order for you to love him. Then everyone would be calling you a money-grubber, gold-digger, etc... This is exactly what he sounds like to me. He doesn't care about you, he just wants someone to buy him stuff. Why be with someone who doesn't love you?

This guy sounds like a jerk, I would dump him right away and stop talking to him. He doesn't miss you, he misses the things that you buy for him. Stop taking him out, stop talking to him and stop dating him. There are way better guys out there than this guy.

Besides a relationship is supposed to be about two people who love each other, not how much money and things you can get from the other person. This is a very one-sided relationship. He only cares about getting things, not giving you anything in return like love. You shouldn't have to essentially pay someone to love you or to be good to you. That should come automatically with love. This guy doesn't love you, he only loves your wallet.

What Guys Said 3

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!Tell him that you are not like his exes.That is not what you are use to doing,so why should you do that?He is not doing anything for you so it's really looking like he just wants to use you.I learned long ago for one to have a stronger relationship both people in the relationship should invest(doesn't have to be equal,but both should try),so he should invest in this relationship too otherwise you it will be harder for you to let go,because you will be like "I invested so much so it will be a waste to give up now".

If he still keeps saying "You should be there for me" and not investing at all still then you should move on.

Peace!

• WTF! Get a real boyfriend please.

• by reading your statment I came to conclusion tat he didn't loves u...he wants to use you likes his ex...so better start making distance from him and start moving with your parents, as they loves you more than your lover...

What Girls Said 9

• Seriously, why are you still with him?

He sounds like a controlling liar to me. No matter how hard you try to prove yourself to him, he will find new things to make you feel inadequate. A healthy relationship requires give and take. It is a two way communication, support, love, care and whatnot. Furthermore, in a healthy relationship, you shouldn't be trying to *prove* yourself rather than being yourself and for your partner to accept both your strengths and weaknesses and help you to better yourself.

This relationship needs to end.

• im just sayin you could do better... he's taking advantage of your need to prove yourself to him. no offense but I'm gonna tell you like this: he sees you are weak because you are letting him get away with too much stuff. he is not the right guy for u, he's not appreciative of u, he sees you as a meal ticket and is using you for what you have. if you have to buy people stuff for them to treat you well then they're only around for the dough! move on..

• I must be missing something here...what positive things do you get out of this relationship? Sounds like you are the one meeting his demands (more like demands than needs), and he's not showing you appreciation or doing anything in return for u...you deserve better imo! Say goodbye and move on...

• He is using you to gain material possessions. He sounds like a leech that sucks whatever he can from a girl, and when he's done he moves on to the next girl. My first boyfriend was like this amongst his laundry list of other 'loser' attributes. He will never be there for you in the long run and when you really need someone. A relationship isn't defined by materialism but rather by the bond shared by the couple. You deserve better, show his ass the door.

• Money can't buy you love. It sounds like this guy just keeps his girlfriends around to buy him stuff. You'd be better off finding a guy who will be there for you because he cares about you, not because he's a gold digger. Kick him to the curb and don't take him back.

• He sounds like a whiner. Tell him to be a man and if he doesn't, leave him for good.

• throw your wallet at him and say "this is all I'm good for to you!" then dump his ass. haha

• ok buy him a dress + make up + high heels and that kind of stuff

• he's a spoiled brat. time for you to move on to someone more worthy