Do you have to look like Brad Pitt to get a response on online dating?

I'm not ugly or anything I just don't know what girls on plenty of fish want. No responses at all. Any other guy experience this?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. POF looks flaky though. Try match.com. Lots of people on there. Also, if you aren't very attractive, work on your looks. You don't have to be "Brad Pitt" but if you are lacking in some areas that you can work on (weight, haircut, clothes, etc) ... just do it. Dating is competitive.

PS: I got ignored by several guys I contacted online, so don't say that it's so rough on guys and women have it easy. That's whiny and unattractive too. Keep on keepin on!

• Girls won't respond on POF I feel dumb for being 20 and on an online dating site don't see any women in my college that I am compatible with.

• Maybe try a different site. POF is kinda bottom barrel -- mostly chumps looking to hook up. Paid sites have more quality offerings. Also, try getting into more and more social events. I have a hard time that at least a friend of a friend of someone at your college isn't worth your time :)

• I will see.

What Girls Said 18

• Actually, it depends on the viewers. I read the profile first, then I look at the age, then the picture- but I doubt many girls do that. It's a plus if he's good looking, but really, most of the guys who are good looking on those sites seem to have an IQ of -15. I personally like intellect and a sense of humor :)

• nah. that dude isn't even that hot.

• Only a few people are serious n open minded about meeting ppl.

No it just depends on your ability to communicate. Dont just treat them like a piece of meat that you stick your dong dong in.

• POF sucks ass. I rarely go there anymore.

But to answer your question,no. Just what another girl here suggested-write them and say something about their profile. No short messages-put some thought into it.

Good luck!

• I know I'm a girl. Girls are shallow. I have an account on that site and it takes me to send the first message. Women like it when you send them messages, LONG messages. Read they're profile and comment on a part of that part and then say something sweet to end it. Works every time!

Good Luck!

• I've done this before. I can keep a girl going, but they are horrible at communication and have short boring messages every time. I always have to initiate. No quality women on pof. they think they are a prize and should be worshiped by guys writing them. fuck all that shit. I've been on pof for yrs, and I've seen most of the women are on there just as long.

• Lol no just don't send boring messages

• I don't know are you only messaging women who look like Angelina?

• You could alternatively look like Shiloh Fernandez.. Or Alex Pettyfer..

• No

• No just look like you

• As a girl who has used pof...girls on there are stuck up mostly. It takes a lot of time and patience to find someone worthwhile on there. I suggest okcupid

• No you don't. I'm sure if you're honest on dating sites and what not. Someone will respond. Patience is the key

• Girls like guys who have a good personality

I personally love tall guys with sexy eyes and dresses nice and smells good haha

• typical shallow bitches. you will be single at 40 y/r with several kids from different guys.

• No, not all girls want the stereotypic supermodel/ super star boyfriend

• Of course not

• Girls want different things. Take the time to ask and get a real conversation going. The majority of people will be honest and just tell you what their after. If they don't respond, they just aren't into you and don't want to waste their time or yours.

• Not at all

• Surely not.

What Guys Said 6

• I feel the same. I really can't predict how a girl will react. I write respectful, funny, personal messages to girls who seem like a good match and attainable and they will never respond. Then I will get messages out of the blue from girls I never would have approached on my own.

One thing I do know from talking to girls on POF is that virtually all of the messages they get are from creeps asking for sex. So I would suspect that girls' inboxes get filled with a lot messages they don't want to read. I wouldn't be surprised if some girls never read any messages except for responses from guys they messaged first.

I've tried to come up with subject lines to catch their attention, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

• on any online dating site, girls are always gonna be far more picky than they are in real life

• I've been on pof for 5 yrs. I've been told I look like brad pitt, tom cruise, and mark Walberg and I've been single for 4 years and without sex for 2 yrs. If that tells you anything. Most girls are not serious on there. They want attention and compliments and an ego boost.

• No. However if you don't look like Brad Pitt you do need to message a large number of women and be realistic in terms of standards.

• Nope, just have to have a six pack.

• I checked out Plenty of Fish and was disappointed as well. No worries though dude, not sure it's necessarily our fault. I'm not sure if it's just the women posting in my area, or what the world is coming to, but this is my take on 90% of the women posting on plenty of fish.

"Hi, my names Raven. I'm a semi-attractive woman with no sense of humor and a lazy eye. I hate reading and think all books should be burned. I'm currently working on my GED, and work at McDonalds. I have 3 kids, but only two baby daddy. They ain't no issue though because dey both in jail. I ain't got no car either so you best be willing to drive."

WHAT I"M LOOKING FOR: "I'm looking for a man that looks like Drake, and has the abs of Little Wayne. You must have a nice car, good paying job, and a foot long penis. If you don't have any of those things or don't like shorties, don't even bother hitting me up. Oh, and also, black guys only"