First date, going to see a movie. How to get over nerves?

I'm pretty shy, never really dated before so know little about etiquette etc. Is it OK to put my arm around her if things are going well? Or is that considered too much for a first date?

Most Helpful Girl

• if you're really shy, then don't do it. you're just going to make yourself uncomfortable and her because you're going to be overthinking and overanalyzing and that's not a good thing. honestly, I would just wait until you're comfortable around her before making amove

What Girls Said 1

• I agree with DRE it's fine to put your arm around her or hold her hand etc maybe even a small kiss at the end of the date. The one thing I don't advise would be a make-out session during the movie, that would be considered forced.

What Guys Said 2

• most girls would b OK with that. If she is on a date with you she likes you enough that it shouldn't b a problem. If you are too worried about it go off of what she does. Were you guys friends first or is this your first time hanging out?

• No bro it's completely fine, just take your time. DON'T FORCE it.