Do you go out on dates mostly with people you hardly know or people you do know somewhat?

Put another way: go out with a stranger or a friend? Which do you do more?

And why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Strangers. They're a much bigger dating pool.

• So it's more about number than who they are? You don't find anything wrong about dating a friend or someone you know, it's just there are more strangers to choose from?

• Basically, yes.

What Girls Said 10

• I like dating casual friends. You know, the ones I'm just friendly with in class or in an extended group of friends. Which essentially qualifies as strangers with a bit of reassurance that they aren't crazy :p I suppose acquaintances would also qualify, but it depends. I've dated friends before, the outcome is somewhat 50/50 in terms of not destroying a friendship.. and by 50/50 I mean I've dated two friends. one of which I will probably rekindle a friendship with soon, the other... I don't see us ever being anything other than friendly when forced to see the other :P

• Honestly about the same of both. One is more comfortable but the other is more exciting.

• I wait until I know the person for at least 3 months. I want them to know who I am, because I tend to be a bit eccentric and I would like to have some idea to as whom I am dating :) my current boyfriend I have known him for 3 years and we just now started dating. I feel completely comfortable with him and he with me =)

• Ppl I somewhat know

• I usually go out with people I barely know--usually from dating sites. More fun that way:)

• i would say strangers because I like getting to know diffrent people.

• I don't date.

• Friends, I trust them more, I already know what kind of person they are and what they are like when they don't feel like they're trying to look good in front of someone new.

• i only dated people I liked in my life.

• Stranger danger so I stick with people I know.

What Guys Said 14

• Strangers. If a girl is a friend it's because she ether turned me down when we were first introduced or because I'm not attracted to her as anything more.

On another note... you got to figure the amount of time required in each developing relationship to go from strangers, to friends, to lovers, is very consuming. If you're objective is to find someone romantically then you might as well bypass the friends and save yourself some time; it's counterproductive.

• A stranger because you don't know anything about them which makes things interesting and makes you want to find out more about them. People that are mysterious get my attention.

• I love meeting new people,so strangers most of the time.I also enjoy gaining experience from it and it makes things a lot more interesting.

• Strangers... I don't like trrying to move a friend into the dating zone. Rather, if I like a girl I will ask her out not hang out with her as just friend. That being said, maybe if I was attracted or grew attracted to one of my female friends I might.

• people I somewhat know...classmates... people I run into at work everynow and then

• Usually stragers.

• 50/50. Only been on dates with two girls haha. One I kind of knew from school, so kind of a friend, and the other was a stranger who I met online.

• Stranger. Because I like meeting new people.

• I would have to have some kind of connection with a girl for me to take her out on a date.

• She doesn't have to be a friend but a special girl I have my eye on not just some stranger I said hello to.

• I don't date. Friendship comes first. Things just sorta happen from there.

• Stranger

• better to get to know people then always go out with the same ones as always.

• I wouldn't be able to get a girl regardless...so does it really matter?

• I prefer to get to know the girl before asking her out

• If mostly is directed at the number of people not the number of dates, then mostly strangers to get to know them a little better and see if I wanted to pursue anything with them. If number of dates, then I would say there were more dates with girlfriends than strangers. Reason for that, we were spending time together. I've very rarely dated girls I considered friends first.