How many partners is too many?

Im almost 22 and have been with two guys. One I dated for 4 years (16-20) and the other I dated a little less than a year. I am not one for hooking up without have known a person for awhile and knowing fully their intentions. I am just wondering how many partners is too many? How many makes guys think twice about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as you are smart about what you're doing and happy with the sex life you lead, I don't think there's such a thing as "too many". If people disagree with your lifestyle and "think twice about you" due to your number of sexual partners, then I feel they'd be too close minded for me to want to interact with, and therefore I would not care for their opinions.

Comparing your number to the girls your age I know, two is a low number.

What Guys Said 5

• I think once you get to the point where it's worth tallying it's too much. Nobody is going to make a big fuss over a couple of partners but if she's been with a dozen guys that might be a problem.

• 2 is not bad at all. the number wouldn't matter to me, the thing that would matter is that you were with me and only me, that's all that matters or should matter in a relationship

• I don't care what your *number* is

• How big is too big? Do you know?

All guys have different tastes and preferences. For some 2 could be too many for others 20 - why so less?

Probably over 7 sex partners is too many

• Well, for me, I wouldn't date a girl that was having one night stands or friends with benefits, so even if she had one partner through those means, I'd be turned off by her. Boyfriend/girlfriend relationships are better, but my cutoff is about 2 or 3. Though, I will admit that I would greatly prefer her to have 2 or 3 less than that. I'm not hypocritical by the way. My opinion shouldn't matter, though. I'm too "close minded" for you to interact with, so it's okay.

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly, its not about the number.

Its more so about how long it took you to accumulate that number.

• First of all, GOOD FOR YOU! You are doing ABSOLUTELY the right thing not "hooking up" with guys but getting to know them. Not only will the former make you feel bad about yourself but you might find yourself with an unpleasant STD to boot. Stay doing what you're doing.

As for being 22 and only having two partners. That's not bad. You're searching for the one who is right for you. That could very well make the next guy "the one." But truly, what you do is your business. You need not share that information with the next guy. If I can impart anything today its that what other people think - especially some guy in your life - is IRRELEVANT. He's not worrying about it and neither should you. Do what's right for YOU.