Blind date or not??

Ok I have been single for a year now,and my friend thought she would set me up with someone I described to her what I look for in looks and personality and she said she found someone and wants us to go out for a little date thing. But I don't know if I should he's never seen me and I've never seen him what if he thinks I'm horrible looking? I think I'm ugly but everyone says I'm very pretty but what if he sees what I see?? or what if I don't like him?? should I go or not??

Most Helpful Guy

• If you go (well, I went on a blind date before and this is what I did) say to yourself: "This experience better be worth my time and effort because I confided in a friend who I believed had my best interest at heart."

Then I would go on the date and see what happens and maybe you'll figure out some things you really like, or some things you want to stay away from in the future (you may never have known about these things before the date). It sounds like it could be a fun learning experience, once you are able to trust your friend's judgment. And also details, details, details! This is something that is going through word of mouth so what you say in describing characteristics is the key! Maybe you can get his email/ myspace ,whatever, before you actually meet him ... get to know him that way.

In comparing it to a first time meeting and speaking encounter, in person. There are a few options you can do to ease your mind.

And you said, "I'm very pretty but what if he sees what I see?" He is just meeting you for the first time and I can't see you neither but with the first part of that statement - he should consider himself very lucky- why? Well, because I can tell that you know you're pretty, why? - because you said so - and he hasn't known you for as along as you've known yourself, so ... Chances are he won't notice what you are talking about, unless your 11 feet tall, lol (j/k), that's a joke, but seriously, that's what you have to do: Have a good time w/ this blind date if you go.

• I said I think I'm ugly but others say I'm pretty like n I don't think I am n what if he sees what I see lol

• Oops sorry read it wrong. But you've made this far with your friends telling you how good you look. Maybe it's time to believe in them, and have more pride in your self esteem. I do believe you are a pretty girl, but you gotta believe in yourself 1st.

What Guys Said 2

• If your friends tell you you're pretty, then you must be doing okay. No one tells me I'm good looking, but I wouldn't skip a date just because of that.

• Well, since you haven't been on a date in a year, it probably can't hurt to go. But, if your friend is single and setting you up with someone, that's a red flag. However, if your friend is taken, then maybe the guy might be worth it.

What Girls Said 2

• Go for it!! What do you have to lose? If you like each other and decide to date, how awesome would that be? If you meet and you don't like him, chalk it up to experience. And if he doesn't like you tell your friend he's a loser!

Look in the mirror, tell yourself you're beautiful and GO! Have fun!!

• I think you should take the chance at going on this blind date thing!! It should work out fine!! if he doesn't want to be with you then go on and you will find somebody else!! I no you will!!! It all should work out!!! He should tell your friend what he thinks of you and she will tell you!! And your not an ugly girl!! I mean I wouldn't no that but I'm telling you your not everybody is beautiful in there own way and you are probably really gorgeous and he will like you! If he doesn't its his lost!! Go on this date!