What's your opinion of spontaneous dates?

When a guy nor a girl plans the date. You just meet at the point X and go from there.

Would you like to go on a spontaneous date? What would be your opinion of a guy who took you on that date?

Most Helpful Girl

• ANYTHING spontaneous is right up my alley! I love surprises, I love when something unexpected happens and puts a glitch in the matrix lol. I'm all for that kinda stuff!...xX Plans are boring and can be tweaked...xX

What Girls Said 5

• i'd looooove it! a nice adventure.. some surprises in life is great :D my opinion on the guy.. he's smart! knows how to have fun, etc

• Might be awkward in the early stages of relationships. But otherwise would probably be fun!

• thats what I am actually going to try... go on a spontaneous first date... Bad idea you think?

• Well I know that if it was me, it would probably be awkward just standing around "whaddyou wanna do?" But I'm not very opinionated, and most guys I date are indecisive and "whatever you want is fine." If you're both opinionated and know what you like to do, then I think it'd go well!

• That would be totally fun!

I would love that as long as he doesn't try to do anything stupid along the date; other than that I would find that to be fun!

• that would be so fun! no pressure. that's the way to go I think:)

• yes I would. I love adventures.

well... he wouldn't be taking me on a date if it's truly spontaneous. we'd be taking each other on a date I guess. :p

What Guys Said 3

• Those can be really fun. They're even better when you start out with a plan and then keep getting distracted. If you go into it with the intention of just winging it, I think there's too much room for "'what do you want to do next?', 'I don't care. What do you want to do next?'"

• Well it can be a busy street in downtown. Look to your left, look to your right. There are so many things. Don't only look at the big picture, try and see small details which no one notices and talk about these small things. Use a domino effect. You talk about a leather jacket which you just saw in the store then you switch to Mercedes cars 'cause these cars got leather seats. You both chat a bit about cars then you ask her if she ever went go-carting.

• It doesn't make sense, how do you CHOOSE point X? if you choose point X then you have already made a plan and it's not spontaneous.

A real spontaneous date would be to have a map on the wall, close your eyes and throw a dart there, then that is where you go

• Bud you must meet up somewhere right? Maybe after dating for a few months you can do that but if its only your first or even fifth date then good luck.

• I couldn't do that. My anxiety would prevent me.

• You set yourself to failure without even trying. Everyone fails and that's how we all learn. I remember once I went on a date and I couldn't open my mouth for 5 minutes...yeah it sucked but no biggie, sh1t happens. Even great athlete such as michael jordan missed his 3-point shots before he perfected them.

• Very true. I have a mental block with it though :/