Do I ask for it back or let it go?

I had a break down recently where I called everything in my life into question and didn't react very well. My relationship with my boyfriend survived and the damage has been mostly patched up but I returned a necklace to him and I regret doing so. It was always his necklace, strung with symbols of his past, which is why I returned it. (We've been together for 15 months and I've been wearing it for the past 7 months) But now that I'm not wearing it everyday I realize that the necklace meant a lot to me. When I get stressed out I still reach up for it. It was a reminder that I was loved and had someone who wanted to deal with life's challenges by my side. And I'd really like to ask for it back but I'm not really sure if it would be appropriate. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him that you realize that the necklace means a lot to you, that having that constant reminder of him with you is reassuring. If your still dating and everything is going well, I don't see why he wouldn't give it back. If anything he'll be flattered that his gift and well that he means so much to you. We all make mistakes and I'm sure he'llbe more than understanding.

What Guys Said 1

• Why don't you start a new necklace with your life beginning a new chapter?

What Girls Said 2

• Of course you can ask for it back, but that doesn't mean that you will get it back. Explain to him how the necklace makes you feel. After that its up to him to decide if he wants to give you it back.

• Just tell him how sorry you are and how much the necklace meant to you. Don't force him into giving it to you... just say you understand if he doesn't want to give you the necklace back but at least he knows how much it really meant to you