Why have I never been asked out or even had a date?

A guy has never asked me to a dance or date and I don't know why. My 250lb butch lesbian friend has had more dates and boyfriends that I've ever imagined (she was confused about her sexual orientation back then but she still dressed all manly and was aggressive). I mean I think I'm funny, well at least people laugh at my jokes and I'm pretty attractive granted I'm on the bit heavier side of the spectrum. People have told me I have pretty eyes and beautiful hair and that my face is really pleasant. I think I'm a nice person, I'm very sociable and I'm friends with almost everyone but still no guy has even shown remote interest. I mean what I think of myself and what I hear others thing could be wrong... hopefully not..

I mean I've flirted with guys before but nothing ever occurs with it. I'm too self conscious to as a guy out. Yes I am, please don't tell me to just go for it because I'm still not the confident about myself (I make sure not to show my low self esteem to people though). I just don't understand

I think I'd be a great date or girlfriend. Why do you think this is?

Hahah no no people know I'm not. I mean anyways people shouldn't be judging her and I in the first place. A ton of people are friends with her that are clearly straight. That's definitely not the problem.

Most Helpful Guy

• You mention your lesbian friend is 250lbs but nothing about your weight.

Pretty eyes and beautiful hair, sound like the sort of compliments women give someone. Or men, who can't say something nice about your face. You just may not be attractive to guys your age.

What Guys Said 3

• If you're heavy and hang out with big lesbians, guys are going to draw conclusions!

• I disagree, its all about confidence. You say you don't show your low self esteem but guys can feel it. plain and simple.

• I have never been on a date , so I don't know .

What Girls Said 2

• Hey, I can't answer because I've never been asked on a date either, so don't worry, you are not alone! It's probably for the best...I think dating is more trouble than it's worth.

• ok I feel the boys were a little harsh. yes people are going to look and wonder, but if you dress like a girl boys aren't going to think you're a lesbian! I would say 1. you're weight is good and you should appreciate it, because it weeds out a lot of the guys just looking for sex and 2. you could be not being approached because you're intimidating or too shy. I am very shy, tall, blue eyes, blond hair, and underweight for my height, but definitely still have a big butt & thighs (which I hear boys like). I get compliments all the time from guys about you have a nice a** and you have great legs, but none ever ask me out. its not because I'm mean or not funny its simply because I'm intimidating. every single guy that becomes my friend ends up liking me, because when I wasn't friends with them I was just too intimidating, but when they get to know me they realize I'm a lot closer to a normal girl than they would expect. try being friends first, and ALWAYS smile (I seem to forget this a lot)!