Could you date someone with the same name as your ex?

I have a date with a guy who has the same name as my ex and it got me thinking about this. Could you date someone with the same name as an ex? Would it bother you at all? Why or why not?

• Yes, and it would not bother me.
  • Yes, but it would bother me a little.
  • No, it would be too awkward.
  • It depends (please explain).
I don't have a problem with it myself, I was just curious what other people think about it. Clearly though it doesn't bother anyone else either.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've dated multiple girls named Amanda. It's just this freak occurrence that it's happened that way. In fact the majority of my girlfriends had a name beginning with A. Anyway it doesn't bother me. I think of each of these girls as different people, so I don't think it matters much. Though if anything it makes it easier to remember their names, and as a perk it means I'm less likely to call out the wrong name in bed. (Just a joke, I've never thought of other people in bed)

But yeah it's fine. Same name, different person, no big deal. It's all good.

What Guys Said 2

• The only problem I see with it is friends and family getting confused when I would be talking about the current girl.

• Don't let it bother you. This guy may share the same last name, but that doesn't mean he's anything like your ex. I've come across things like this, but it's a waste of time to fret about it.

• I don't really have a problem with it. It was a little awkward at first, but I got over it pretty quickly. I was just curious how other people would feel.

What Girls Said 3

• that's a silly thing to let bother you.

haha reminds me of a conversation I was having with some girls in my dorm a few weeks ago... we were talking about whether or not we could date people with the same name as us. (Kris dated a guy name Chris, other girl's a lesbian and wouldn't date a girl with the same name).

• my past three boyfriends all have the same name, age, and is the same "type". it's weird but it happens haha

• it depends because I had one ex a couple of year ago who finished with me without telling me and the next day he was with another girl with the same name as me and I went crazy cause I found out he was cheating on me with her and I didn't realize it was her name in his MSN name and not mine

then there was another ex who finished with me for this girl in his school with the same name as me and that made me really upset xxx