People just want someone like them?

so me and a friend were talking about some stuff and this came up. a lot of guys want a girl that is down to earth and can hang. basically someone like themselves. and some girls want the same is this true? or false? or what do you think?

• False
  • True

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I think for the most part people seek those who are similar to themselves because they can get along well.

What Guys Said 6

• I think someone like me is the only way I could ever get anyone to tolerate my issues.

• People like to have friends who are similar to them , like similar tastes.

I wouldn't want to date a girl who has personality as me

• I meant to vote true but miss clicked. I think its true maybe not exactly alike but similar. When I meet a girl who shares the same interests as me I can't get her out of my head for a while which is why I say true.

• Sorta true, sorta false. People want someone like them when it comes to the important beliefs, opinions, and interests to them. People who are exactly like you will bore you for long periods of time. People who are too different will cause conflict and eventual break up. People who are like you where it matters to the both of you, but different in other ways is where you can have a good relationship. At least, imo.

• Definately not. I'd like a girl to be shy & considerate towards others. I'd like to believe I am like that. But I'm not too sure . . .

• I'd say it's true

What Girls Said 5

• Neither true nor false :) I like this question! +5

I think people choose a partner that would make them happy and with whom you can carry an interesting and intelligent conversation, someone who can get very well with you and with whom you can peace in mind and added happiness. That said, I don't think it necessarily means that you have to be highly similar. I know a guy who is so energetic, nervous, optimistic and is married to a girl that is kind of pessimistic, very calm and somehow the opposite of him yet they are so happy together. So, it's not about being similar or exact opposites rather than being compatible :)

• yeah I want a guy who is pretty similar to me we'd get along better

• It depends on the girl/guy. I think that for a lot of people its true. Personally a guy who can just hang out and not want to do much is attractive to me.

• mostly true.. but there are things I'd want him to be different than me.. like when I worry or stress 2 much I want him to comfort me and be relaxed and not stress out easily like I do. if we were 2 different, we wouldn't last.. but if we were 2 similar, it'd get boring.. we're supposed to balance each others' bad and good.. not be exactly the same... so you gotta be a little different.. but in certain areas believe similarly.. hope I helped.

• Well it's definitely true for me. It's one of the reasons why I like my boyfriend so much, and why we get along so well :)