Is 23 and 19 a big age gap if you're 19?

I'm 23 and this girl I've been talking to for about a month is 19. We have gone out a few times and everything went great, I really like her and I thought she really liked me. Age just never came up so I figured I would bring it up a few days ago and tell her I was a little older. She said "oh really? Well it's no big deal". We used to talk like all day and the conversations would be initiated by either one of us. But ever since I told her, its just me starting up everything and she seems so uninterested now. Like, she just seems so blah now. I'm going to just straight up ask her if she has any issues with it but I wanted to see how other people feel about this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nup. I'm nearly twenty and the last guy I was dating was twenty six. If you like her then go for it. You say she is now acting disinterested, but I wouldn't put it down to what you said about your age. Besides she clearly said it's no big deal. Anyway good luck.

What Girls Said 9

• I'm 19 and its not a problem for me. But I can see how it might be for some girls. Age shouldn't matter as long as you both are on the same level of maturity and can provide what the other one wants and needs in someone.

• no not at all. In fact, she probably loves that you are older. Seriously, I am sure she has no issues with it..She might just be playing hard to get.

• im 19.. no prob there.. I'm normally attracted to guys older than me just because they tend to be smarter and more fun and tend to be a little more mature minded.. I've flirted with a 26 year old so.. that's nothing new to me.

• age doesn't matter if you guys are on the same page

the only problem I see is that she's probably still in college while you should be done and working. so maybe your priorities in life is different.

• Well considering the fact that by 19 and 23 my parents had already had two children together I don't really see this as a problem.. It has nothing to do with the age but the people involved.

• nope, I don't see any problem with that.

• are you kidding me? no...

• Well I'm 21 and my boyfriend is 32 so I would say nop..

• no definitly not I know people who have a 13 year age gap

What Guys Said 1

• Age between my girlfriend and I is 3 years and 4 months, neither her or I have a problem with it. :)